Author Topic: CDRIP : volume analysis fail  (Read 1622 times)

whismerhill

hi,
sometimes the CDRIP process goes through a bunch of tracks and at the end you'll get the message "volume analysis failed" & couldn't find "filename.fileextension"

what happens is that a specific track will have had errors (recovered or not), and the application will not have given the choice to "encode selected" for this track, despite the fact that it didn't encode it. hence it's missing a track & therefore throws the message "volume analysis failed"

when that happens there is two distinct cases:
-cases 1 : it suggested encode selected but didn't preselect some of the tracks that need encoding anyway : in this case the user doesn't have much way to know if a track was encoded or not (particularly the message "recovery done" sometimes leads to a file being encoded sometimes not as far as I could see)
-case 2 : it didn't suggest encode selected at all & just present "volume analysis failed" directly
Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:14:37 PM by whismerhill

Steven

• Administrator
there are a lot of things that can go wrong so its not straight-forward.
For the cases where there is no encoded file at all, i think that will be because there is some unexpected error before the volume analysis started. So can you check the error log (help/ support/ view error log). It might be best if you send me a link to a zip of the file
I agree that when some cd read errors occurs and encoding is not done for those tracks, then MB will re-encode all tracks on the CD when "Encode Selected" is clicked, so i will look to make a change for that

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a couple of changes that should better handle error situations:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed