Author Topic: Musicbee transfers empty playlists to Android device  (Read 3559 times)

Bubba J

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
After I sync to my Android device, my playlist are copied but empty. I have tried various playlist formats and all have the same result. PLA copies half empty and half full.

sageleader

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
I'm having the same issue. Tried all playlist versions and the ones I select don't all sync correctly. At least some are always empty.

sageleader

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 15
I appear to have finally fixed this issue! I'm not sure if it's on 3.1 (which I now have) or not, but I did 2 things:

1) I removed all odd characters out of my playlist names, including a - and a » I was using
2) I changed the format of my MusicBee playlists to M3U instead of MBP. I did this in Preferences/Library/Playlists

Then I deleted all playlists on my Android and resynced and got no errors at all. It's a miracle!

CritterMan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 557
  • Now with FiiO M11!

1) I removed all odd characters out of my playlist names, including a - and a » I was using


You probably only needed to do this part, for anyone following this solution.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10381
You probably only needed to do this part, for anyone following this solution.

Yeah, the library playlist format would have no effect on this.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6999
2) I changed the format of my MusicBee playlists to M3U instead of MBP. I did this in Preferences/Library/Playlists
Good to hear you got this sorted out, but unless I'm misunderstanding something, I find this extremely odd since the setting that you changed has nothing to do with the sync settings to a device. I use the playlists formatted/exported here for importing into my SubSonic Server and my Logitech Media Server. In this case my playlists are exported as PLS. My Android player (PowerAmp) needs playlists in M3U8.

To change the playlist format for syncing playlists to a device are found in Preferences > Device > (device name) > Settings > Playlist Storage > Save as Format:

I'm pretty sure MB doesn't pick up the exported playlists when it's syncing to a portable device like an Android phone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.