Author Topic: Synchronization on MP3 players  (Read 6442 times)

paj77

I switched to MusicBee from MediaMonkey. I have been trying to synchronize various generic mp3 devices. I got a synchronization failure due to lack of space. Do I have to delete the contents of the music folder first before synchronizing, or is there a setting in MB that will do that before synchronization? New user - thanks for the help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You probably need to tick "delete tracks that are not on the auto-sync list" and/or "fill device with random selection" in the settings.  See this page for details on settings: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Devices
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

paj77

Someone left me instructions on how to post pictures to MB so that I could illustrate the settings that I use on the playlist and the device. Would someone leave those instructions again please? I am still having trouble with musicbee sync. the device is a 32 gb device and my playlist is set to limit to 25 gb. MB synchronizes and keeps sync'ing after reaching 100% until failure or the application freezes up. Anyway, I would like to leave a couple of screenshots in the hope that someone can help me. Thanks!

paj77

http://imgur.com/a/6ZnPw
http://imgur.com/a/84cSH

bbcode:
bbcode:

2 images, 1 is playlist settings, 1 is device settings

Typically synchronization will proceed normally either until 100% and will continue going or will go to 100% then start copy failing. This has only worked once. The device has a capacity of 32 gb and I had to set it to 29 mb in order for MB not to overfill it.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
on the device settings page, what have you got on the 'Music' tab?
have you changed it so only your 'X02_32' playlist is selected or is it still on the default settings of synchronising the entire library?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

paj77

My settings are: synchronize music unchecked; synchronize playlists, selected playlists only.

I have created playlists for each device and each one is set to be within the size limits of the device. Only one playlist per device or sd card.

Thanks!

paj77

32 gb sd card, my playlist is 29 gb limit - synchronization still claims that there is not enough room on the device. I haven't given up, but I guess no one really has a solution. So am I the only one that has difficulty with sync? I will keep reducing the limit of my playlist to see if it works.

Aevaris

While I am admittedly less familiar with SD cards (since marshmellow was prone to corrupting them, I've just stopped using them), I am assuming they need to be formatted. As a result how big is a formatted SD card? Similar to HDDs, 32 gigs isnt 32 usable gigs (due to formatting).

paj77

31.2 gb formatted. The cards come formatted now, but I have formatted some anyway on occasion. Playlist is 30 gb, yet MB will continue to copy and copy and copy until the sync fails.