Author Topic: Sort Music by Gender  (Read 2391 times)

Aguila1952

I've always wondered why no one has created a music manager that allows the selection of music by gender, e.g. female country vocal.
You can cut/sort data every which way except male or female.  Sometimes I'm just in the mood for female jazz or something like that but I have to do more of a search to create my own list.  It would be nice to cut the data at it's highest level, gender.  Thanks!
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's no good way to do this automatically, but you can easily do it yourself.  Just add the gender to your genre tag, or make a custom tag for it.  Then you can filter by that tag.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Aguila1952

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I know I could do that, I was just wondering why the "industry" didn't make that available in all the data that was available via the various data bases out there.  They only have to do it once while everyone else interested has to do their own thing.  Hate that duplication of effort thang.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

theta_wave

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I know I could do that, I was just wondering why the "industry" didn't make that available in all the data that was available via the various data bases out there.  They only have to do it once while everyone else interested has to do their own thing.  Hate that duplication of effort thang.
Then make a request to those said sites, but don't expect results right away even if they do implement it, especially with user-maintained db's like discogs or musicbrainz.  Either way, you will have to add this type of information manually to your tags whether you like to or not.  Ideally, it would be nice to hotkey a command to insert certain metadata into a user-selected tagfield.  For example, in mediamonkey, I created a hotkey that inserted "Study" (without quotes) into one of the Mediamonkey's custom fields.