Author Topic: How do I know/check how many albums I've got in MusicBee?  (Read 4072 times)

materialgrl

Is there a way of checking how many albums I've got in MusicBee? I've seen the Library-Show library statistics but it only really shows how many songs there are and how many gigabytes and what I've played etc, but it would be good to be able to see how many albums are actually in there. Is there a way of checking that?? Thanks!

redwing

Library explorer gives total album number in your library if you select album category with show count option enabled. But the number can be smaller than the real number if you have many albums with the same name.
Thumbnail browser gives total album number too for selected node on any views except tracks view. But this time the number can be bigger than the real number depending on selected category. With artist, compilation albums get counted multiple times. With composer, you will get the biggest number as few albums have entire tracks composed by the same composer. If no track in selected node has multiple album artist value, then album artist category will give you probably the most accurate number.

boroda

also you can use 'additional tagging and reporting tools' plugin, 'library reports' command. this command is a bit sophisticated, but i guess its sufficient to use 'library totals' predefined preset for your purposes.