Author Topic: How to level volume large amount of files?  (Read 2857 times)

so_la_la

Hi,
I am a volume levelling newbie.
As of now I have about half of my files organised with volume levelling with MB (album like), the other half I have not levelled afair and then there might be some files which I have organised and levelled using media monkey.
What I want to do now is to remove all levelling information and then have written levelling information again to the files in a way Logitech Media Server (and most preferably) all Android music devices can read it and thus play my music at the same level.
What would be the best way to do this?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

so_la_la

As a first step I surely might get rid of all the tags carrying replaygain values like it is outlined in this thread? http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7834.0
And then I should be levelling by song to get all music at roughly the same level?
Will these tags be read by other music players (LMS or smartphones)?
Thank you!
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
To remove replay gain (volume leveling tags) all you need to do is select the files and go to Tools > Restore Original Volume.  Or you can use Tools > Tagging Tools > Remove Tags and choose the replay gain tags.

Replay gain tags are read by many players, but you'll need to check your specific player to know whether it does.  I know GMMP for android does.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)