Author Topic: Problems with the new UI  (Read 3103 times)

Hypolitus

A lot of you are going to think I'm mad.

As well as the tracks I actually listed to in MusicBee, I also update the play counts and last played dates for tracks that I've listed to on my phone. This was relatively easy in the last version, I just loaded a playlist of what I'd listened to, set MusicBee to update play counts when more than 0% of the track had played, and then started the list playing and clicked 'next track' rapidly. It went through each track, increased the play count and updated the last time played. Very quick.

A couple of changes in the new version have made this painful, and rather than just switch back to the old version, I thought I'd ask if there was a way to achieve the same thing easily in version 3. The problems I'm having are because:

1) I used to open the Preferences dialog by pressing Ctrl-O, using the arrow keys to move down to the 'Now Playing' tab, then shift-Tab twice to move to the 'Play count +1: more than' box, entering 0, then pressing Enter. Unfortunately, with version 3, I can't shift-Tab to the Play Count box, and pressing Enter doesn't save and close the dialog, so now I'm having to use the mouse, which is much slower.

2) Even though I've set it to increase the play counts as soon as 0% of a track has been played, there now appears to be some kind of additonal minimum being applied that means I'm having to wait a while on each track, which makes the whole procedure painfully slow and not worth doing.

So, my questions: is there any chance that some or all of these particular changes will be undone, or is there a better way of getting the play counts and last time played fields updated for each track in a playlist? Or should I just switch back to the old version?

Sorry if this sounds mad, but I've got a huge collection of music and keeping on top of what I've listed to on my phone as well as on MusicBee is important to me.

Steven

• Administrator
for point 1 i am happy to do the Enter key behavior
for point 2, there is a minimum 5 second play period before the play count is ticked. But thats the same as v2.5. So are you playing each track?

Hypolitus

I think I was using v2.3. There didn't appear to be a 5 second minimum in that. I just kept clicking the next track button as each new track started playing.

Steven

• Administrator
the 5 second minimum is not really needed any more but i will leave it at 1 second
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed

Hypolitus

Hi Steven,

Thanks for being prepared to make the changes, but is there any need for a minimum at all, considering that we actually have a preference that allows us to set one? The problem I have is that if I'm trying to run through a playlist that has, say 200 tracks in it, a 1 second minimum means it's going to take over three minutes, whereas with no minimum, I can flick through 3 or 4 tracks a second, so the 200 tracks would take about a minute.

Steven

• Administrator
then you best stick with the older version

Hypolitus

Is there an easy way of installing v3 without replacing v2.3? That way I could do my play count synchronisation in v2.3 but still have all the UI benefits of v3.

Steven

• Administrator
redownload the patch version as i made another change to remove the time restiction

Hypolitus

Thanks, that great!

As I've already gone back to v2.3, am I right in thinking that I need to reinstall v3 before copying the patch in?

phred

• Global Moderator
Correct. Current patches are for v3+. You'll need to download and install v3 from the downloads page and then apply the patch by unzipping it in the MB directory and letting it overwrite existing files.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Hypolitus

Thanks! All updated and working fine now. Thanks for doing this Steven.