Author Topic: Simple Top 100 - not working?  (Read 2209 times)

Godmcgarvey

I have a simple playlist that in theory just gives me a Top 100 most played

The filter on it just says Play Count - has a value ( I've also tried Play Count - is greater than 0)

Limit to 100 items - selected by most often played

I then have my main window Sorted as Play Count - Rating - Last Played

I hoped this would work but some highly rated songs are not making this list even when having the same plays as low rated songs and played more recently.

I guess this is down to the original rule which takes no account of rating or last play time so sorting the window after this makes no difference.

So how do I get the filter to pick the Most Often Played and Highest Rated out of those but still limit the number to 100?

redwing

It's not simple at all as it might seem to be. You need to be more clear about what tracks you want to include.
A 5-star song that played only once and a 1-star song played 100 times. Which song do you want to include?
How to set it up depends on that specific criterion.
For instance, you could add "rating over 4" rule, or "play count over 10" rule, or both.
Also you could create two playlists first that include a certain number of highest rated songs and most played songs, respectively, and then supply them as the source of the new playlist. Creating a playlist mixer is another option if you want to set a track count for each criterion.

Godmcgarvey

The main criteria is Play Count so a 1star song played 10 times would be higher than a 5star song played once.

I then wanted to use the rating just to sort songs of equal play count so a 5star song played 10 times would be above a 1 star song played 10 times.

The problem I have I beleive is too many songs on the same PlayCount (my Play Count was reset after last upgrade)

So what I think I have is 200+ songs with a PlayCount of 1, the playlist just picks 100 of these and then sorts them in most played order. What I would like is it too pick the 100 most played and then highest rated. I can sort the main window this way but if the Playlist hasnt picked up a song as one of the 100 its not going to get shown.

redwing

So what I think I have is 200+ songs with a PlayCount of 1, the playlist just picks 100 of these and then sorts them in most played order. What I would like is it too pick the 100 most played and then highest rated. I can sort the main window this way but if the Playlist hasnt picked up a song as one of the 100 its not going to get shown.

Then you could use "play count is greater than 0" rule and limit to 100 tracks by "highest rating". When songs get more counts, then modify the rule.

Godmcgarvey

That would I believe cause a low rated but high played song to be missed off. For example 100 5star songs played once for be above one 1star song played 10 times

I have gone with losing the 100 limit, this way I get a bigger list but can up the minimum PlayCount in future to keep it manageable