Author Topic: SOLVED - Show "Number of Albums" or "Number of Tracks"  (Read 4096 times)

Godmcgarvey

Apologies for yet another query

I have my "left main panel" set as thumbnail browser.

Below the artist it usually says # Albums then it sometimes for no reason I can see changes to # Tracks

On a couple of occasions it appears to have got confused and given me, for example "1009 Albums", for an artist when it should be "1009 tracks".

It appears to change when switching between screens but I've not managed to find the exact combination that causes it on a consistant basis.

I cannot find any setting to change this?

Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:44:12 AM by Godmcgarvey

phred

• Global Moderator
If your main panel is showing Album View or Albums and Tracks View, then the thumbnail browser when set to Artists will show the number of albums for each artist that's shown in the main panel.  If the main panel is showing Tracks View, then the count will be the number of tracks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Godmcgarvey

I can understand thats what it should do but it doesn't always

Main panel is currently showing Album and Tracks view, thumbnail browser is set to Artists but is showing number of tracks.

If I change main panel to Tracks and then back to Album and Tracks it then changes to showing number of albums.

It appears somewhere it gets the wrong command as what to show when switching between views/playlists. Still not found a consistant way to cause this for fault finding

Edit.

I have two different playlists.

1. Shows all songs. Main panel set to Album and Tracks and thumbnail browser set to Artists
2. Shows high rated songs. Main panel set to Tracks and thumbnail browser set to Artists

Now if what I believe is correct behavious playlist 1 should show number of Albums and playlist 2 should show number of Tracks. This does not happen.

If I switch between the two I get what was shown last, so if I go from the "Album and Tracks" playlist to the "Tracks" playlist it will show Albums. Changing that window to "Album and Tracks" and then back to "Tracks" will then show me number of Tracks in the browser. But if I then go back to playlist 1 which is displaying "Album and Tracks" it will still show number of Tracks in browser until I change the view to "Tracks" and then back to "Album and Tracks"
Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:43:44 AM by Godmcgarvey

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce your example and thats fixed for the next v3 patch update