Author Topic: Force all playlists, nodes, history, inbox, whatever to open in only one tab  (Read 2344 times)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Whenever you click on on item such as a playlist or Now Playing, it will open within the current tab. Can you be more specific about what you're doing, what you expect to happen, and what does happen?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

electro

Whenever you click on on item such as a playlist or Now Playing, it will open within the current tab. Can you be more specific about what you're doing, what you expect to happen, and what does happen?
I found out why I ended with lots of tabs opened even I never clicked the Add Tab button. Double clicking the Artist - Title area of the play controls (both top player and side player) opens the results in a new tab instead reusing the current tab. How can I disable this behavior?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I found out why I ended with lots of tabs opened even I never clicked the Add Tab button. Double clicking the Artist - Title area of the play controls (both top player and side player) opens the results in a new tab instead reusing the current tab. How can I disable this behavior?

I was unable to reproduce the behavior you described. Perhaps you are running an older version? You can download the latest version from http://getmusicbee.com/download.html

I might also be misunderstanding what action you are taking. Can you post a screenshot to show what specifically you are double-clicking on?

Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

electro

I was unable to reproduce the behavior you described. Perhaps you are running an older version? You can download the latest version from http://getmusicbee.com/download.html

I might also be misunderstanding what action you are taking. Can you post a screenshot to show what specifically you are double-clicking on?
See the picture below. If I double click on that red marked area, MB locates the file in the library but presents the result in a new tab instead reusing the current tab. It should use the current tab, not a new tab (or there should be a switch option for it.)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!

See the picture below. If I double click on that red marked area, MB locates the file in the library but presents the result in a new tab instead reusing the current tab. It should use the current tab, not a new tab (or there should be a switch option for it.)

[/quote]

You and I are using MB a bit differently it would seem. Nothing opens when I add a sidebar player and double-click that location while playing a track. I wonder if this is a plugin function? Last.fm perhaps? Maybe someone else has a better idea of what you're seeing. Sorry I don't have a solution for you.

Aevaris

I think this is double posted. It is also posted as a bug report:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18698.0

I suspect this is the behavior being seen:
http://imgur.com/q15KIwt

Long story short, if you jump to a track from music library thats on a playlist (via any method, double clicking the title, right click jump to source, etc), it will open the playlist as a new tab creating multiple tabs for the same playlist over and over.