Author Topic: can't drag and drop tracks in playlist  (Read 6652 times)

movebetter

I can't drag and drop tracks in playlist. is there a setting?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
 No, you should be able to do that.  Where are you dragging from?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Coogan

Make sure your mouse is over the text and not on any blank space.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

movebetter

forgot to say MB 2.5.5.21 win  pro

in a playlist when i try to drag and drop a track within that playlist reorder)  i gt the round circle with the line across, i am in the middle of setting up a new computer and this one is a transitional computer, i have not had any such problem in the old computer. wondering if there is some setting.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
forgot to say MB 2.5.5.21 win  pro

in a playlist when i try to drag and drop a track within that playlist reorder)  i gt the round circle with the line across, i am in the middle of setting up a new computer and this one is a transitional computer, i have not had any such problem in the old computer. wondering if there is some setting.

I assume you are trying to drag a track to reorder it within a playlist, but your playlist is being sorted (look for an arrow in the header of one or more columns). Right-click your track, hover over List, and click Restore Natural Order. This will allow you to manually order your tracks by dragging them.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

movebetter

yes your assumption is correct, i dont see any arrows and the # are correct. i tried doing what you said on each column but that didn't help.

Steven

• Administrator
the playlist needs to be sorted in Natural Order to be able to use drag/drop within a playlist

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Do this precisely:

Right-click on any track in the playlist you wish to reorder, select List, and then click Restore Natural Order. Once that is done, you can move your tracks at will.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
But only if it's a static playlist.  If it's an auto-playlist, you can't reorder tracks.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

movebetter

thanks, i had read that before asking here and it didn't seem to apply, i created these playlist by creating a new playlist in MB and dragging the files in from MY Music files.

Aevaris

Can you take a screenshot of MB? I want to see the sidebar and your playlist.

movebetter

i can now drag and drop tracks into a playlist but still con't change the order.