Author Topic: where are the setting files e.g. language  (Read 1585 times)

elmulab

The latest version running with XP very often lost the settings/preferences. The one or two years older version doesn't lost one time the settings. So I would like to backup the settings. But where are the basic settings files? I have made an test: I set the language from defalut english to france. Save the settings and exit MusicBee. Then I deleted all MusicBee files from my MusicBee folder. So MusicBee shouldn't know anything from me. Indeed my library isn't there at the next start - an empty MusciBee. But it starts again with french language! Why?

I am searching for the settings because, I have already an backup but MusicBee doesn't accept the backup settings. Only the old database. The skin an all my preferences are lost.

elmulab

Possible I found the settings outside the MusicBee user folder (with playlists, podcasts etc.) here:
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Markus\Anwendungsdaten\MusicBee
So next time when MusicBee lost my settings I will overwrite this files with the backup? And doesn't chance anything in my MusicBee folder (with playlists, podcasts etc.)?

But why does MusicBee starts simply with an factory reset when something gets wrong? Overwrites the complete hard work of the own settings without any chance to say no.

phred

• Global Moderator
File > Library > Backup Library
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

elmulab

I wrote "I have already an backup" so know and use the menu "File > Library > Backup Library" since years. But never needed them because MusicBee was incredible stable. But after my update to version 2.5.5804 it lost one time a week my settings. I don't find anything to load these backup files inside/from MusicBee. Sometimes I made an configuration mistake. So I would like to use the backup also in non corrupted circumstances.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's no automated restore function, but this may help: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)