Author Topic: TM Requests  (Read 68849 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Could we please have a setting to automatically adjust the font size to fit the text to a given area.
setting the align attribute to Dynamic would keep the font at 36pt unless the title was to long, then it would be adjusted to fit the available space.
do you still want this?
Yes please!
I gave up on a new TM 'cause this didn't exist.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

it should be working now

It's working, but it can load only 32 tracks at a time. To go to the 33rd track you still have to click on the last track, then it loads another 32 tracks.
Album Tracks panel seems loading more than that. It loads all 154 tracks at one time with my biggest album. Though I don't know it has a limit, it would be enough for listing tracks in an album. But Now Playing List panel sometimes needs to show thousands of or more tracks than that.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update i have bumped the max to 200 for the playing tracks list. Album lists are unlimited

Steven

• Administrator
Could we please have a setting to automatically adjust the font size to fit the text to a given area.
setting the align attribute to Dynamic would keep the font at 36pt unless the title was to long, then it would be adjusted to fit the available space.
do you still want this?
Yes please!
I gave up on a new TM 'cause this didn't exist.
i am ok to do the 2nd but even then wouldnt it make sense to restrict the font size range eg. minSize="99" maxSize="99", where most names would use the maxSize but with scope to reduce down to minSize.
I dont see how the first could work well eg. if you have a 3 letter artist name vs. a 50 letter artist name, the font size would vary massively.

Bee-liever

i am ok to do the 2nd but even then wouldnt it make sense to restrict the font size range eg. minSize="99" maxSize="99", where most names would use the maxSize but with scope to reduce down to minSize.
I dont see how the first could work well eg. if you have a 3 letter artist name vs. a 50 letter artist name, the font size would vary massively.
Here's a pic of what I'm trying to achieve.
I'll leave it to you to work out the best way to achive the result.

This is part of the TM.
The artist and title are "multiLine" fields so that long titles will wrap.
They are currently set to align="Center"
What I want is to be able to set a preferred font size, but if the full field won't fit in the allocated space, MB will calculate the font size that will allow the field to fit (only just!) in that space.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next theatermode update, minSize="99" is supported ie. size is used but if it wont fit then a lessor size is used so the text fits, with the cutoff for the size reduction at minSize

edit:
if you have a skin already prepared, would you mind sending it so i can test this?
Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:40:04 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Would it be possible to support a sequential execution of onclick events?
Rdio Style view has three views that can be switched by OpenAutoHidePanel onclick command.
XBox Music Style 2 view has six overlays with OpenAutoHidePanel onclick command for each.
Then if there's another onclick command that defines a sequence and interval, they can be changed automatically.
So it would list:
- target onclick commands in order that were already set in the code
- choose random or sequential order
- interval by minutes or a specific number of played tracks.
in you compact view skin, currently you have to click 3 different places to switch the views. And if i understand your first request correctly then you want to have just one place thats clicked and it cycles through the 3 commands. I am happy to look at doing that one
Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:21:10 PM by Steven

redwing

Yes, then I will need to add one more button for "auto-switch" apart from the existing two buttons for switching views.

Bee-liever

if you have a skin already prepared, would you mind sending it so i can test this?
PM sent
It's not finished, but OK for testing

Steven

• Administrator
Tested with your skin. When multi-line is enabled, the algorithm is a little crude so if a field can be done on a single line (such as Artist) then you should get a more optimal result.
I will make the update available later today

Steven

• Administrator
Does anyone have views on the theater mode visualiser? Looking at it now, i dont really like it but wondering if others feel the same

Steven

• Administrator
Yes, then I will need to add one more button for "auto-switch" apart from the existing two buttons for switching views.
anywhere a function is referenced by onClick, you can now enter multiple functions separated by ";" eg.
Code
<element type="Field"  id="Album" xAnchor="Panel.5" x="0" yAnchor="#Cover.Bottom" y="140" widthDock="#Cover.Right" width="0" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="8" fg="220,220,220" onClick="OpenAutoHidePanel:#NowPlayingListPanel;OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel;OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel">
the reason "OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel" is repeated is so you the last click in the sequence hides the panel - its not required to do that. The next click will restart the sequence.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:19:10 PM by Steven

redwing

Thanks, but this requires you keep clicking it manually. What I wanted was automatic change between listed functions.

Then if there's another onclick command that defines a sequence and interval, they can be changed automatically.
So it would list:
- target onclick commands in order that were already set in the code
- choose random or sequential order
- interval by minutes or a specific number of played tracks.

Steven

• Administrator
i know - i thought you wanted both the manual click (which i did) and some automatic which i guess my earlier post didnt make clear i wasnt planning to do. Wouldnt the automatic be annoying anyway? eg. if you were reading the lyrics and it changed by itself

redwing

for the next update i have bumped the max to 200 for the playing tracks list.

Working better.
One problem with Now Playing List panel is it colors only last digit for track# for mouseOverFg.

As you can see 817 is still colored "200,200,200" whereas the rest is correctly colored "255,255,255".