Author Topic: TM Requests  (Read 68712 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I dont think its likely for me to be able to do this in the near term. Its quite complex and I find making changes to the plugin quite hard and time consuming. Perhaps if there is a bunch of changes people ask for then I can make a one-off effort to do as many changes at the same time

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
The latest v3.4 patch version has an updated plugin that accepts:
TrackAndArtistPanel.LowLight(fg)
TrackAndArtistPanel.HighlightLight(fg)

Thank you
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

OK. Will wait to see what happens with this one.

BTW. Could you merge this thread into the TM Requests please.  I missed that one when I posted this request.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Would it be possible to get the previous tracks' album covers?

id="Tracks[-1]"
id="Tracks[-2]"

...and so on.

mmakes

Is there a way for TheaterModes to scale properly to different windows scaling?

For example, I'm on 150% window scaling on Windows 10. And pretty much all TMs that come with MB don't scale correctly - everything is too small and spaced incorrectly.

The reverse is also a problem. Since I created most of my TMs in 150% scale, users on 100% or 125% window scaling are seeing everything in the wrong place also.

I fixed this by basically releasing multiple versions of the same TM, each with different font sizes, and x and y coordinates. I wish there's a way not to do that though.

Steven

• Administrator
I did the TM plugin many years ago when high-dpi screens werent a thing and there is no handling for that. To properly handle high-dpi screens would likely require a substantial effort, but i will have a look on the weekend how hard it would be to get reasonable results

HirriAshana92

For example, I'm on 150% window scaling on Windows 10. And pretty much all TMs that come with MB don't scale correctly - everything is too small and spaced incorrectly.

The reverse is also a problem. Since I created most of my TMs in 150% scale, users on 100% or 125% window scaling are seeing everything in the wrong place also.

I fixed this by basically releasing multiple versions of the same TM, each with different font sizes, and x and y coordinates. I wish there's a way not to do that though.

I am not a big user of TM but what you describe sounds similar to problems I had with some of Clarence's skins. At different scaling settings things were moved and became misplaced.

This post has solved the problem for me and the skins line up perfectly no matter what scaling I use.

I wonder if this might help what you describe?

FIX: DISTORTED GRAPHICS ON WINDOWS10

Steven

• Administrator
try this version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7a5la3o0j9khtgz/mb_TheaterModePlugin.zip/file

however if you build a skin to meet a dpi setting > 100% then use this setting at the top of the skin just below enableScaling
Code
    <settings dpiScale="150" />
if you developed your skin against the normal 100% windows dpi setting then you dont need this

anyone who has developed a skin, please let me know if it causes any issues when you set your screen dpi > 100% (its very easy to do in windows 10)

Steven

• Administrator

mmakes

I made quite a few corrections so should be downloaded again.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7a5la3o0j9khtgz/mb_TheaterModePlugin.zip/file
It fixes everything!!!! Even my most complicated TMs!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Crosswise

Hi there,

first of all: I am quite new to MusicBee and really love it. I am trying to generate a TM, which fits my needs and therefor there are only 2 things missing (or I did not find, how to achieve):

1) Would it be possible to get the Rating in AlbumTracks element show as stars rather than numbers? Works well in other elements...

2) Can I get a list element for Albums by AlbumArtist (like the Tracks-Element for showing upcoming tracks)? I would like to have a list of Album covers visible by the currently playing track's artist.

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work! Much appreciated.
Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:30:11 PM by Crosswise

brainfryd

This has bugged me for months.. this now seems to work on my Win10 1080p @ 150%
Thanks very much again...

Regards
brainfryd

kairiki

im recently new to MB and i really love the TM and the way you can customize to fit your style more

but i cant seem to find to display Artists: Guest, Artist: Performer,  i tried to find on how to do it the forum but also cant seem to find it

if its not still possible then i would like to request this. i just made my entire library Titles less "(feat." and put it in Artists: Guest to make it less messy(ps. its my personal prefenrence)

and also Artists: Artist

thanks

Bee-liever

Have read back through the entire thread and can't seem to find a reference to this one, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate request like yesterday  :-[

Could a 'style2' attribute be added to "Lyrics" so that when fg2 is used for sync lyrics it can display the current line in Bold or Italic.

Code
<element type="Lyrics" xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-260" y="55" width="257" heightDock="Y:#RightSidebarLyrics.Bottom" height="-110" font="Arial" style="Regular" size="10.5" fg="190,190,190" style2="Bold" fg2="255,140,0" ></element>

Alternatively, could the "Lyrics" panel automatically use Bold for the active line as the standard MB 'lyric' element does.

Steven

• Administrator
Although its easy enough to switch the font to bold for the current playing line, it can mess with the layout because bold requires more width and hence various calculations need to accommodate the possibility that line breaks change. I dont really have the time to make difficult changes so not planning to add support for this.
Perhaps a standout colour can be used instead