Author Topic: TM Requests  (Read 68707 times)

Steven

• Administrator
its included in the build now - same link

samthemusicman

Is it possible to add a theater mode which shows album art of varying dimensions at their maximum size, with a very minimal overlay (pause/play/skip/back buttons at most) or no overlay at all? Basically, a full-screen mode for album art.

A visual explanation of what I mean is that a square image would appear like this:

A 1920x1080 image would appear like this:

Essentially, the cover art would fill as much of the screen as possible for its dimensions. I made a post asking if this was currently doable, and it seems it is not so hiccup recommended I put in a request here.

hiccup

, and it seems it is not so hiccup recommended I put in a request here.
Just to be clear, and to reiterate what I said in the other thread about this:
I am under the impression that currently Theater Mode coding does not allow for keeping aspect ratios for album art. (it does for artist 'gallery' images)

If I am right about this, the request here should be to have that feature added to the toolbox for creating TM's.
Then the next step would be for you (or somebody else) to create or edit a TM that uses this feature.

samthemusicman

Just to be clear, and to reiterate what I said in the other thread about this:
I am under the impression that currently Theater Mode coding does not allow for keeping aspect ratios for album art. (it does for artist 'gallery' images)

If I am right about this, the request here should be to have that feature added to the toolbox for creating TM's.
Then the next step would be for you (or somebody else) to create or edit a TM that uses this feature.

Yes, thank you for this clarification. As I said in the other thread, I would be willing to learn myself how to make a theater mode if that feature got implemented.

pakk

I second what hiccup asked: a way to keep the cover aspect ratio would be great.
Covers that are not squared are deformed.

Example:
Wrong ratio
Original cover

Thanks in advance and have a nice day