Author Topic: Now playing - Que next and continue playing shuffle  (Read 4540 times)

lynott

Hi!

The only thing I'm missing in Musicbee is the ability to que song next in the Now playing area (main window).

Scenario: Now playing loaded with a bunch of songs, playing in random mode. Right click a song and que next. After the qued song is played the list of songs loaded should continue to play in random.

I know that there is a jump list, but it is easier and more convenient to simply right click  song to cue.  I gather since this function already is implemented in the library list, it shouldn't be to hard to implement it into Now playing also.

andrea.ippo

I strongly support this, actually I came to the forum just to make this request and found yours :)

Steven

• Administrator
its done for the next update.
Lynott, the current behavior for songs queued next from the library is to add the song to the now playing list and also queue that track for playback next (even when shuffle mode is enabled)
the new functionality applies to when you queue next directly within the now playing list - its adding the song to queue for playback next without adding the file again to the now playing list.
Also i've added a indicator to show songs that are queued next and also a remove from queue right click command
Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:20:10 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

lynott

jimmanningjr

Steven....I just downloaded this latest and well...I decided to cue the song 'Round Midnight done by Sonny Rollins to play next with my playlist in shuffle and 49 different versions of the song came up and were cued. LOL Its good to know I have that many different versions of this much loved song ...but..I only need to load that one version. Instead of just querying for the title perhaps artist and album also would not be a bad idea...If that is how it works...I love the numbers it puts when you squeeze a track in like that but ...I had to laugh...49 different "Round Midnights..was kind of neat comparing them I will post this in the bug forum also
Thanx
Jim

Steven

• Administrator