Author Topic: Column Browser functionality question.  (Read 2525 times)

ConXept

In the 2.XX version of Musicbee, when I clicked on an artist or album in the column browser or library explorer it would only show the specific genre(s) for that artist/album in the column browser.  This made it easy to check for improper genres tagged for an artist.  Is there any way to do this in Musicbee 3.XX?

Thank You
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:12:25 AM by ConXept

ConXept

I'm sorry, but at least for me, it doesn't.  Now when I select an artist, "all" stays selected in genre and the unrelated genres for that artist are not filtered out.  It seems that the column no longer updates with the album selected in the files section of main panel. Before I could select an album or artist and the column browser would automatically update only showing the albums and genre for that artist.
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:32:43 AM by ConXept

redwing

That's not library explorer but thumbnail browser on the left sidebar. Thumbnail browser gets filtered by horizontal column browser in the main panel.

Filtering Order
-----------------------
MB's equipped with various panels to filter tracks for easier browsing and access to tracks based on your tags. The order of filtering goes from Library filters (left navigator)> Library Explorer> Column Browser> Thumbnail Browser. So when you're using Column Browser, you could use Library Explorer as its first column and Thumbnail Browser as its last column without having to adjust column numbers and sort order of Column Browser.

Note: From v3.0 on, vertical column browser and thumbnail browser are switchable and follow left-to-right filtering order.

ConXept

Ah, I see, that's too bad because I rather enjoy the aesthetics of the thumbnail browser.

Thank you for your help.
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:50:24 AM by ConXept

redwing

If you change column browser to vertical style, then thumbnail browser will filter to column browser in that setup because it's on the left of it. Also you could post a request on the wishlist forum.

ConXept

Thank you, redwing, for all your help.  I have made a request in the wishlist to allow the thumbnail browser to filter into the horizontal column browser.