Author Topic: Ignoring characters or words at the beginning of track names  (Read 1171 times)

icrhodes1

Hi
I have a virtual column set to display title ignoring lead words or characters. This allows me to work through my tracks and pick out duplicates where there has been a spelling error or use of characters such as "A" "The" "()" etc. This works superb for my needs with the exception that MB adds a comma when it places the ignored word at the end. If I have a number of tracks that have the same start word such as Star this can get separated from a tack that is The Star or A Star if there or there are a number of tracks starting with Star followed by a space, as it treats the comma as a character. The comma cannot be set to be ignored in the Tag customizing, or I am doing it wrong.

I know I my be out on my own for using the Track name in the Column browser and have had discussions around this previously, all I can say it works for me and was one of the things I used in MM.

Any suggestions on either stopping the comma being inserted or using a character that can be ignored

TIA

redwing

What's the formula for the virtual tag you're currently using? And what are the (specific) examples that do not work as you intended and how do you want them to display?