Author Topic: Using Playlist to Select Songs for Copying to Cell Phone  (Read 4032 times)

smeg

Can you use a playlist to select songs for copying to a cell phone? I know that a playlist only references to song locations on the computer but since I've already selected my favourate songs, it would be great to use the playlist to load my phone.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The short answer is yes.  :)  For details, see this page: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Sync
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

smeg

I did that and it worked. thank you. Unfortunately each artist was in their own folder and each song by that artist in a separate sub-folder. That will be hundreds of folders. Is there a way to copy to the phone and have all the song put in 1 folder?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes.  Look for "sync playlist to its own folder".  Read over the "settings" part of the page closely.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

When copying to a folder on the computer, Musicbee adds a track number in front of the file name. For example:

01-Yesterday
02-Let It Be

Is there a way to not have the track numbers added?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you talking about when syncing a playlist to its own folder, or some other method of copying?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

1.  I used "send to" "copy to folder" to copy song in my playlist to a folder on my computer. All song were under the same folder (i.e. no sub-folders). That's way I want them. The trouble is, Musicbee added the track number from the playlist in front of each song. For example:

02-A Horse With No Name - America.mp3
06-Cherish - The Association.mp3

I don't want the track numbers added. I tried copying to a computer folder to see how it would work and if it would be easier than copying straight to my Andriod phone.

By the way, when copying directly to my phone, I could not choose which directory the songs went into. Also, on the phone, Musicbee added #- in front of each song's file name (rather than adding the track number). example:  # - Roses Are Red (My love).mp3

2. I read the "settings" part of the page closely but could not see "sync playlist to its own folder"

smeg

When copying to the phone I right clicked on the file name then "send to" then "the name of my cell phone".  If I used copy to folder, my cell phone did not show up in the list.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In order to sync a playlist to a single folder, you will have to use the sync settings to configure it, and then sync with the synchronize button.  The filenames will use the playlist order.

To change the filenames the way you're doing it, you need to go to sync settings and change the naming templates used.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

I do not want to change the file names. I want them left the same as they are. MUSICBEE adds the track number to the file name. Any idea how I can stop the track numbers from being added to the file name by Musicbee? Musicbee only does this when using a playlist to copy files to another location.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suggest you spend some time testing different settings.  Filenames created by MusicBee are controlled by templates, which for syncing are in the sync (device) settings.  If you want different behavior, you need to change the sync settings.  Other than that, I don't think I can tell you anything I haven't already said.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)