Author Topic: Playlist Limited to 200 Songs???  (Read 3961 times)

smeg

A single playlist seems to be limited to 200 songs. When I try to add song #201 to playlist/doug, all that happens is a copy of the song (all 5 mB) is copied into playlist (the playlist root). Is there any way to add more than 200 songs to a single playlist?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you give more info on how you're adding songs to the playlist?  Screenshots might help.  Playlists are definitely not limited to a particular number of songs (unless you have created an auto-playlist with such a restriction).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

smeg

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Screenshots will definitely help.  Where do you see #201 show up?

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

the first 200 show up in   musicbee/playlist/doug

201 shows up in musicbee/playlist and is a copy of the whole song (5 mb)

All a screen shot would show is what is stated above. Hope this helps.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Please provide screenshots as requested.  It sounds like you're moving files into folders, not into playlists.  The only thing that should be in your MusicBee/Playlists folder and subfolders are the playlist files (with either .mbp or .xautopf extensions).  Where are you dragging files from and where are you dragging them to?  Is it all within the MusicBee window?
Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:08:42 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

It's all within musicbee. I clicked on the song in the song list (centre srceen) and dragged it to the playlist in the left screen (it looks like a directory tree). It worked fine for 200 songs and then I had the problem mentioned above. I'll see if I can do a screen shot.

smeg

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm.  Is it possible you're dragging the tracks into the Computer node rather than the Playlists node?  I still don't know where the 200 file limit would come from, but that would explain why the file ended up in your playlist directory.

Edit: I see the screenshot, thanks.  Yes, you're dragging the files into your Computer node, not the Playlist node.  It may be possible to add files to playlists that way, but what happens if you use the Playlists node instead?

Edit2: What version of MB are you using?  It looks like an older one - I suggest upgrading to 3.0 from the downloads page.  In 3.0, I can't even see playlists in folders; I have to use the playlists node.
Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:21:56 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

It's interesting that what I did worked for the first 200. I tried to follow the directions in the user guide which said about dragging onto a playlist (section 1.2.1 Playlists) .

What is the playlist node?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The Playlist node is the section that says Playlists, right under your library in the left navigator: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Navigator

By the user guide, do you mean on wikia?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

smeg

version 2.5.5804

I have the "check for update on startup" box checked under preferences but no updates came up.

smeg

my method created a file under musicbee/playlists/Doug.mbp

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's correct, creating a playlist should create a file with the same name and the .mbp extension in your Playlists directory. That manual is probably out of date, though.  The only .pdf manual that I'm aware of is a couple of years old.  The wiki will be more current.  Not everything is up to date with 3.0 yet, but I know playlists is: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists

The check for updates setting is not very reliable, but you can get 3.0 from the downloads page on this site.  The biggest change will be your layout, which will be reset because the whole system was overhauled.  It's much easier to configure now.

By the way, you can get rid of all the unneeded computer folders by turning on "show filtered folders only" and choosing just your music folders as filtered folders.
Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 05:51:09 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)