Author Topic: Compact Player with some bugs  (Read 2398 times)

MusicFan

Hello,

at first I'll say thank you for MusicBee to Steve and all active members!

I'm a novice to use an internet forum as an active member. I'll report at first some little bugs. This should be one of my contributions to improve this software today.
After some searching, I've found this location to write them down. I hope it's correct.
I use MusicBee since version 3.0  finally release (of course with the last patches) and mainly with standard cofiguration and standard design - only with some minor settings with Windows 7 SP1 and all important updates. Later I'll testing step by step more of the MusicBee functionality.

1. The compact player shows on the right side at the bottom "LAUTSTÄRKE 10". I think it must be shown "LAUTSTÄRKE 100" or "LAUTSTÄRKE 100%". If I go with the mouse onto the word "LAUTSTÄRKE" (loudness), it will be changed to a speaker symbol and a beam. The beam is too long. It reaches slightly into the first digit, also if it is changed to smaller volume. This effect is without reference to the window size. The digits of loudness isn't changed until the window size is changed manually or the picture is changed automatically.

2a. If the compact player has stopped automatically with the function "Stopp nach aktuellem Titel" (stop after this title) the buttons play (triangle symbol), the two buttons on the right and left side (once more and next title) and the other three buttons (text/title list, options and search) are out of function until the window size is changed or at least the frame is clicked with the mouse. A right or left click into the window of the compact player doesn't bring any reaction. Only the symbols on the top of the window are in function. If I go with the Mouse onto the symbol in the status bar of MS Windows, the preview window shows the next title correct and lets start the title.

2b. In this constellation the compact player also the next title and the next cover aren't shown until the window size isn't changed or clicked onto the frame. Some times the same title is plaing once more because it was shown yet. The same bug, if the compact player is starting after shut down or restart the computer: The last compete played and after the function "Stopp nach aktuellem Titel" (stop after this title) automatic stopped title is shown in the compact player. However it is possiple to actuate the buttons. Then the play button let play the last played title from the last session once more.

So, this should be all for my first request. Later I'll send more.
Good luck!

P.S.:
If the Compact Player is stopped automatically with the Function "Stopp nach aktuellem Titel" (stop after this title), after this minimized in the Windows Status Bar an then displayed with a mouse click onto the symbol in the MS Windows status bar, the content of the Compact Player is complete black, without any pictures and signs. The screen within the window is complete blocked also, until the frame is clicked with the mouse. After clicking at the frame, the content of the window appears, but now with the correct cover, however with the picture of the fully played title before.
Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:40:03 PM by MusicFan

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce 2a. Can you PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
i have tried 2b yet

MusicFan

Hello Steve, you could read that I'm newbie and this is my first activity in a forum.
I don't know where I can upload my settings file to send you a link to this file.
If anybody can help me how it is to do, I would be happy.
I think I must read something more about the functions in this forum.

MusicFan

In the compact player the level display of loudness is working correct now. You've solved it within a short period of time. Thank you.

But the Bug of the frozen compact player after auto stop isn't solved (Version 3.0.6014). Also the problem that not every time is played the next title after stopped with auto stop within the compact player. I think they are not my problem only.

Today I'll donate you some more time to correct MusicBee. Nearly every day and if I get an answer in forum I look at the forum, but I’m not logged in every time. It isn't easy to describe the bugs for me in English.

I'll give you some more information today. So I hope it's a better way for you to reproduce the points 2a and 2b. I should complement that I use a random playlist of all about 2500 tracks and I stop the playing of the compact player by clicking with the left mouse button at the gear wheel symbol. But I've tested the player type where I set the switch to stop after the current title isn't important or the reason. The programming around the compact player window seems to be the problem.

I think the solution of the two points 2a and 2b is close together. How I wrote, the configuration of my MB installation is 99.9 percent standard.  I’m sure the settings file will give you not any information to help you to solve these bugs, but for me many work to found and establish any place in the web. It is so much easier to publish or send me an email address to which I can send you my settings file if you want it even though. I’m sure you can found my email address in my profile.

I suppose the reason of problems is the way or the scale how you implement the switch auto stop. It seems you haven't implemented the correct points to stop the random playlist or you’ve stopped not all things to the right or the same time.

An associated problem is the artist picture under the compact player also. Another possibility is that the buttons at the bottom of the compact player are not really in the foreground and not reached for the mouse. The area at the artist picture is complete frozen after auto stop, so that it isn't possible to have any effect with the left or right mouse clicking at this picture area which is overlaid with the showed track details of the following track and the handling buttons at the lower side. However the artist picture and the cover picture are from the last played track. It shows that there is a problem with the sequence of your programming code for the compact player.

A left mouse click at the frame of the compact player window locks off the frozen compact player and the cover picture is updated, but the artist picture in the background is still from the last played track.

After this I can click at play button to start the compact player directly. Then all seems to be correct.

Another sign for the incorrect blocked window is the described fully black window that appears, if I minimize the frozen compact player window with [ _ ] in the task bar and rebuild it with a left mouse click at the MB symbol in the task bar. The picture and all information within the compact player window can’t rebuild at the MS windows desktop until I wake up the content of the window with a mouse click at the window frame or I go into one of the menus in the top line ore the task bar icon. After this the compact player window is displayed with the correct content of the following track.

The other problem, the repeating of the last fully played track is not predictable or not to reproduce for me. Sometimes it is so, but often not. I can’t see any connections but it seems that the next track isn’t stored sure after a track is played fully. I think a track should be stored as played, some seconds before it is played to 100 percent. I hope you have programmed it so, but it worked not solid. Yesterday I have closed MB after played and stopped the last track automatically. Than I copy the new patched files from 16-06-2016 into the program directory and restart MB. Than I have had the same title once more at next in my list. After click play, the same track goes on. Today I’ve done the same as I’ve found the patch files from 18-06-2016. MB shows me and plays the correct next track from my random playlist. But I think you haven’t patched this yesterday.

If you need more information I’m listening for your request.
I hope I could help you to localize the bugs. Good luck.

MusicFan

I'll refresh this topic, because the described bug 2a still exist in the new version:

2a. If the compact player has stopped automatically with the function "Stopp nach aktuellem Titel" (stop after this title) the buttons play (triangle symbol), the two buttons on the right and left side (once more and next title) and the other three buttons (text/title list, options and search) are out of function until the window size is changed or at least the frame is clicked with the mouse. A right or left click into the window of the compact player doesn't bring any reaction. Only the symbols on the top of the window are in function. If I go with the Mouse onto the symbol in the status bar of MS Windows, the preview window shows the next title correct and lets start the title.

But I have some additional informations to reproduce this bug some better: I use a large random playlist which is create whith MB an includes all my MP3-files in all MB listed Windows 7 folders (play time: more than 12 days and 8 hours, files: more than 3.500, some are very large up to about 90 minutes). It seems MB is working correct without problems, but the described bug 2a exists. Now the exception: If I insert some new created tracks with "Als Nächstes einreihen" (insert in random playlist as next track), the bug 2a (frozen window grey buttons without function after "Stopp nach aktuellem Titel") is not present so long as the group of nonstop inserted tracks are played. After the inserted tracks (within the original generated random playlist) the bug 2a. the bug is working again.

I hope Steven or some other users are able to reproduce and confirm this bug now. But may be the function "Stopp nach aktuellem Titel" (stop after this title) in compact player in combination with a large random playlist is not often used...

Thanks for watching.

Steven

• Administrator
although i appreciate you have attempted to provide detailed instructions, its not really helping. I suggest you update to v3.1 from the first forum topic in case the issue is already fixed

MusicFan

Thank you for answer. I installed the update to version 3.1.6275 as you recommented, but the behavior is the same as described. Between the inserted tracks the problem doesn'n exist. It seems so, as the with MB created random playlist is setting a blockade between the tracks in the track list. The insert function (play as next title) into an existing playlist do not create such blockade between the inserted tracks! But there is a blockade before the first and after the last inserted track. May be the MB createt random playlist is the problem not the player!?

P.S.: If MB is closed and opened again, the blockade (the described bug) is also between the inserted tracks.
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:15:04 AM by MusicFan