Author Topic: Multi-Line Tag Values  (Read 6284 times)

sleepless

- Is it possible to display a multi-line tag, such as Comment? Currently I can only get a single line to display and it gets cut off.
- If it is possible, can the element below it be anchored to it in such a way that the element's location on the y-axis is dependant on the number of lines used (in the multi-line tag)?

redwing

Search the forum, then you will find it. For TM elements, first look through Steven's new TM elements list thread.

sleepless

Thanks. Yes, I read that thread. The problem was that I was writing multiline, not multiLine.

Unfortunately it seems the element's height is not adaptable to content, but rather fixed with a scrollbar.  The options are to use a smaller panel and scroll through longer tags, or create a large panel and waste precious space when larger tags aren't present.

EDIT: I solved the anchoring issue, again a dumb error.
Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:50:52 AM by sleepless

redwing

- multi-line text elements
  multiLine="true" and set the width and height
  <element type="Field" id="Comment" xAnchor="AlbumCover.Right" x="30" yAnchor="AlbumCover.Top" y="-3" xwidthDock="X:Panel.Right" xwidth="-300" width="120" height="100" multiLine="true" font="Arial" style="Bold" size="12" fg="250,250,250" ></element>

I'm not sure why it can't work like "Lyrics" or "ArtistInfo" type. Then it wouldn't need multiline, xwidth, etc. It could be detected as multi-line field (scrollbar, word wrap support) if height is set for a field type. Then this sort of code could work just like lyrics/artist info type with autohide panel:

<element name="#Box" type="Block" xAnchor="Panel.10" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.10" y="0" widthDock="x:Panel.50" width="0" heightDock="y:Panel.90" height="0" bg="10,10,10"></element>
<element type="Field" id="Comment" xAnchor="#Box.10" x="0" yAnchor="#Box.10" y="0" widthDock="x:#Box.90" width="0"  heightDock="y:#Box.90" height="0" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="10" fg="200,200,200" ></element>
Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:21:44 PM by redwing

sleepless

sleepless

To be clear, even with Lyrics and ArtistInfo, the bottom anchor does not change/adapt to the number of lines needed.

sleepless

Using this example:
<element name="#Lyrics" type="Lyrics" xAnchor="#Box.10" x="0" yAnchor="#Box.10" y="0" widthDock="x:#Box.90" width="0"  heightDock="y:#Box.50" height="0" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="10" fg="200,200,200" ></element>

Let's say you want to place the following Comment element directly beneath it:
<element  type="Field" id="Comment" xAnchor="#Box.10" x="0" yAnchor="#Lyrics.Bottom" y="0" widthDock="x:#Box.90" width="0" heightDock="y:#Box.90" height="0" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="10" fg="200,200,200" ></element>

The Comment will always be anchored to to "y:#Box.50", regardless of how many lines are used by the Lyrics element. This is what I've been trying (and failing) to explain. How can we get an element which is directly below a multi-line element, to move either up or down depending on how many lines are above it. So whether a lyric has 4 lines or 400 lines, the element below will still be directly underneath.

If this still isn't clear I can provide a pic.

redwing

For a single line fields, it can be done using a child element like when you want to place artist just next to title regardless of title length.
But it's not possible currently for multi-line fields.