Author Topic: The Auto DJ filter makes mistakes  (Read 2762 times)

WimYogya

I instructed my AutoDJ filter to exclude all songs that have 'christmas' in their genre description.
In spite of that I hear Silent Night, Jingle Bells and the Rednosed Reindeer all year around...
Please check if anything is wrong.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

electro

I instructed my AutoDJ filter to exclude all songs that have 'christmas' in their genre description.
In spite of that I hear Silent Night, Jingle Bells and the Rednosed Reindeer all year around...
Please check if anything is wrong.
Post a screenshot with all your Auto DJ settings (incl. all filters).

WimYogya

Am not home at the moment, so cannot attach a screenshot from my pc (if I could: how/where to add it??)

Cannot find any error in the filter, nor do I know what other settings could be involved.

The filter structure is simple:
1. only take tracks from my library
2. only include tracks that AND have no word christmas in the genre AND have not been played more than 3 times AND have a length of bigger than 0:30.

When I am back home (about 1 week) I will test/experiment more and send the screenshot if you give me instructions about that.

Do you have a clue?
Thanks,
Wim

Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:18:26 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
2. exclude tracks that AND have no word christmas in the genre AND have not been played more than 3 times AND have a length of bigger than 0:30.

I'm assuming you mean include, not exclude.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

WimYogya

Yes, of course. Stupid me ;-)
Will modify it.
WimYogya

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've been thinking on this... Can you post the genre tag of one of the files that you're having trouble with?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

WimYogya

Christmas songs have only 1 genre tag: christmas.
Not sure if ALL christmas songs 'pass' the filter or if it only happens to certain ones.

(@Psych: PS about my other post: maybe my hurrah was too early: it still seems that - sometimes? - new files in monitored folders are not added automtically. Must give an add/scan order. Will test more and update you if necessary. Thanks)
WimYogya

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried using "is not christmas" instead of "does not contain christmas"?  That should work whether Christmas is the only genre tag or not.

Please post new info regarding the other thread in that thread; otherwise this will get very confused.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

WimYogya

Yes - it makes no difference. Result the same, mistakes the same.
I just cleared the filter completely and rebuilt it - now putting the 'not christmas' condition on the last position of the small list. Now see what happens...
Can take some time because I am checking/updating/editing other parts of my collection at the moment, so I do not use the AutoDJ frequently now.
I will inform you later.
Thanks!
WimYogya