Author Topic: Add/scan folders are not continuously monitored  (Read 2044 times)

WimYogya

Hello,
Please check if this is a bug:
Since my recent upgrade to version 3.0.5995 the folders that I selected for 'continuous monitoring' don't do their work.
Newly added files in those folders will ONLY be added to the library after a specific add/scan job is given. Before they were automatically added.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine for me and i dont recall anyone else reporting this as an issue. Maybe check the error log for any entries around the time you place the files in the monitored folder

WimYogya

Hi Steven,
I just tested it by adding 10 files from a new cd.
Nothing is automatically imported in the library (and before it always did!)
The error log says nothing at all.
When I click add/scan the new files are immediately added.

Although I am not aware of a problem, could this perhaps be part of the problem:
Just before the MB update I migrated the whole library to a new external harddisk. Remapped all folders, not aware of any problem. Everything else works fine.
Also the folders that must be continuously monitored seem to be selected correctly.
Could it be that MB still looks 'at the old location'?
If yes, how can it still add the new tracks after an add/scan click?
If yes, how to be sure this is the cause and how to repair it?

Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This happened to me recently because I had the wrong folder in my auto-sweep settings.  Check your auto-sweep and any other organization settings to make sure they've been updated with your new folders.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

WimYogya

Hi Psych,

You hit the nail on its head!
I had never heard about the auto-sweep option and have no clue what it is. Never have changed any setting there - which I should have done, after the migration.
Because this auto-sweep feature indeed points at the wrong folder. Now no more. So now no more problems either.

Suggestion for Steven:
If people migrate/remap their library, please add a warning/remark or even better: a change button for other settings that should be changed as well.
Sometimes I am confused because of the abundance of options and settings. I do appreciate such a feature rich program but sometimes miss overview and details.

/Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya