Author Topic: New files not being added from monitored folders + mystery error  (Read 2476 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've suspected this for a while and finally confirmed it: new files added to my monitored folder are not being added to the Inbox (or Music).  Restarting doesn't help.  I've checked that the right folder is selected, etc.  "Scan folder for new files" on the same folder works fine (although MB had a silent crash just afterwards - no error log).

I don't think it's related, but since the 18th, this message has been appearing in the log every time I restart MB (there had not been any errors for almost 2 weeks prior).  It's really weird because "scamp" had not been my user folder for quite some time before this error started appearing, and when it was, that album had not been added.

Code
5/22/16 6:03:23 PM - 10.0.10586.0 - 3.0.5986.36706 - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\scamp\Music\Inbox\George Winston\Winter Into Spring\' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at #=q1szifdidQJdHauwsTQR$2al6HTSzEpsBopm3HZ5exTM=.#=qmy0yuOUbs5XPjGCe6vu7YQ==(#=q$H5YSEiQcr_GaU8k3I3cUdWZ1J_X9uMpDP0t9FuYxSQ= #=qDLrrK1K4OSW7IUB6dCM3SA==)
   at MusicBee.Media.StorageManager.#=qbdwfRnV5ettF99CWUUhrIQ==(#=qdNgP0cebVatePWeWRrcYpb7e1$1snXJhGAYmN60KsOw= #=qWNEajmyquudIW8ofKsTsYw==, #=qsrv3moFgKA8IUjxe6Mb8HA== #=qwPkxFl2OClYL05$AotGNgA==)
   at #=q9nXp0oorx$57Mi3raHDKiqRsPHMzTlT6N8TEJ7h8H70=.#=qgumCMj7jWsdCJuHd_bN90Q==.#=q7D28QOUayLevjQdoC6otrVzDTmouv6vFdis3qCgf9Kw=(#=qdNgP0cebVatePWeWRrcYpb7e1$1snXJhGAYmN60KsOw= #=qg8wURl6iIEkOkEEDNvzPag==)
   at #=q9nXp0oorx$57Mi3raHDKiqRsPHMzTlT6N8TEJ7h8H70=.#=qgumCMj7jWsdCJuHd_bN90Q==.#=qmPAfy5zzOdjfD7xvh0_BGA==(List`1 #=qrcqj3Fr$bQktSxf$EGCkRw==, Boolean& #=qDSX7PMb72dNT$etzhhZwyBJyN7$iGvlW4nHawGVHYY8=)
   at #=qvuOL8sBmzBL65gR$XsnJ$LA92SUncffhj8HjctxQJvI=.#=qrY0FehmL6BMpeOKlnKpHMC6w7feGcxiC4dm7IKJVetY=.#=q2QTmwkcIamwn1YB8eBIfdw==(Int32& #=qm5ezqWTOEagyExzbs2xvBg==, Int32& #=qLaOpJBr3p5nFaPBi5oE9HqV0QNjTiOU4sBvdOfDzRD8=, List`1 #=q1uw_5NhjaYJ9T9OnE1DObA==)
   at #=qtCWE2_MHZGOCdQGgoOLxNdD5GYV0D5wjmuQw3BAtOt8=.#=qvfVALLAN5qhI6LArYYV4btjG7fg$Y03PxZlLDOqHIOY=()
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
for the error message you included, thats from an auto-sweep action

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Aha!  Yes, I'd missed that one setting.  That does seem to have been the problem with monitored folders, too.  If it couldn't do the auto-sweep it also wasn't adding the files to the inbox.
Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:56:21 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i will look at including some sort of message on the status bar when monitoring fails

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Good idea, thanks.  Although I don't see why tracks couldn't be added to the inbox even though automatically sweep and organize failed.  Seems like the message should be about the latter.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
the entire import/ organise process is aborted. I dont want to change that because it might reflect a state where more damage is done if MB tries to continue.
For the next patch update, i have put some info in the status bar so at least users will be aware something is wrong and to check the error log

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:00:33 PM by Steven