Author Topic: How to play one whole random album using Auto DJ ?  (Read 2280 times)

Orion

I use MusicBee to browse a very large collection of film music albums. Sometime, I would like to click a simple button to play one random album from my collection.

The problem is that AutoDJ has been thought to play random tracks rather than random albums. I tried to configure it so that it would select random albums instead of random trakcs, but the problem is that you have to select the number of tracks Auto DJ will send in the auto-generated playlist... For example, il you ask it to select 30 tracks, either the ramdom album is shorter and another album is added to fit the 30 requested tracks, either it is longer and the last tracks are missing.

It there a solution to this problem ? Would it be possible, for example, to create a "Play random album" button ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Iasc

You can create an auto playlist to do it using these settings.

Thoth

You can create an auto playlist to do it using these settings.

Can you please re-upload that image? I am trying to do the same thing: have Auto-DJ randomly add entire albums to Now Playing, instead of just a single track from each different album. I only listen to classical music so random tracks dont make much sense.
I tried configuring Auto Playlist but I couldnt make it work as I dont know what rules to set.
Thank you in advance.

hiccup

I am trying to do the same thing: have Auto-DJ randomly add entire albums to Now Playing, instead of just a single track from each different album.
I am guessing this should do it?:

Thoth

I am guessing this should do it?:
For some reason. Any album that is CUE + FLAC is having the same track repeated over and over like this:

Albums that have FLACs split for each track show up correctly...

The Incredible Boom Boom

You're saying both the CUE listing and the FLAC tracks are a part of your library?
Then why you not expect for the playback queue to duplicate them?