Author Topic: Most unnecessary complicated music player ever!  (Read 13596 times)

Skoop

It is quite likely that sooner or later you will run into issues with the good ol' v2.5 which will never be addressed.
Point taken, however I don't know what that would be.  I don't need a tutorial, I'm not changing its appearance, the in-built media keys function optimally, and it plays files and streaming stations without hiccup.  (heh heh)

As I wrote above, the version I have now, as configured, is the sweet spot.  Steven would really have to make me an offer I couldn't refuse (as encompassed in a new release) to make an upgrade attractive.  3.0/3.1 isn't it. 

Skoop

Also, I think the thread title is just right for getting eyeballs on the topic and, one would hope, soliciting additional comments or suggestions.  The OP was assholish about it, but his point is not entirely without merit.

hiccup

I don't disagree with what you are saying.

My point is that MusicBee (and that also goes for v2.0, 2.5 etc.!) became as good as it is by concrete and specific suggestions and requests by many contributing users.
But people just saying MB is too complicated, not to their taste, etc. is fine, but it is not contributing to anything.

So I would think that if users such as you and others in this thread have specific suggestions and constructive criticism, that would be more than welcome, and could well help to improve certain aspects of the bee.
But there is a very well-proven way to do that here, and it's The Wishlist. Or perhaps start a topic with the purpose of assembling and discussing useful and specific suggestions that might actually be implementable.
But this thread as it is mainly seems to attract users that state that they don't need or like v3, or that it is just too complex and too difficult for them to adjust to. That has now been said.

Now let's progress...

Solonaut

Also, I think the thread title is just right for getting eyeballs on the topic and, one would hope, soliciting additional comments or suggestions.  The OP was assholish about it, but his point is not entirely without merit.

Skoop is spot-on: this is exactly how I found this thread. Through frustration! I vented in the search bar: SO UNNECESSARILY COMPLICATED! Ha ha. :)

Also, on the suggestion of pre-defined layouts... I was actually looking for that. I see by this thread that it doesn't exist, but the fact I was looking for it does suggest some newbees would do the same.

Solonaut

And incidentally, the reason I popped back into the forum here is because I just put a CD into the drive... and I have no idea how to play it in MusicBee. Come on. That is ridiculous. These are UX red flags...

I've decided MusicBee (at least, v3) is not for me. The levels of frustration in just trying to do the simplest things are through the roof. I do not want to spend thirty minutes going through all the menus, then checking forums, then potentially asking for help, just to play a CD. I want to relax and play a CD, not tear my hair out.

I love being able to customise a music player. It looks like MusicBee embraces that philosophy wholeheartedly, and I applaud that. But the execution is — sorry — just terrible. I am uninstalling it.

I am going to try v2.5.5804 as I do want to like MusicBee and don't like giving up.
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:16:27 AM by Solonaut

Steven

• Administrator
I love being able to customise a music player. It looks like MusicBee embraces that philosophy wholeheartedly, and I applaud that.
given your posting history i find that a little hard to believe. Perhaps iTunes is more suited for you.

And incidentally, the reason I popped back into the forum here is because I just put a CD into the drive... and I have no idea how to play it in MusicBee. Come on. That is ridiculous. These are UX red flags...
you play CD tracks exactly the same way you play files from anywhere else

i'm locking this topic as the vague negativity of some of the posters isnt really adding any value. If you want to raise specific concerns where you are able to articulate the issue and why its an issue, then please feel free to create a new topic