Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut to repeat one track  (Read 6078 times)

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
Currently its possible to set a keyboard shortcut to toggle between repeat off and repeat all but there is not shortcut to repeat one track. I use repeat one all the time so I think having a keyboard shortcut for that would be helpful. Maybe it would be one keyboard shortcut to toggle between the 3 repeat states? or maybe a separate keyboard shortcut for repeat one only?
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!

J24

Is there a reason why this shortcut was not added?

phred

• Global Moderator
Probably because in the year-plus since you posted the original request, no one else has also asked for it.

Among the criteria that Steven uses in implementing a wishlist request are the popularity of the request and the ease of implementing it. I'm sure there are other criteria, but those two come to mind immediately.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Masane

I hope they do add it. Was surprised it doesn't work.

LunarMongoose

Just switched from iTunes to MB, srsly impressed! I should've known there'd be a better alternative out there, wish I'd looked sooner heh.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in on this thread. The Shuffle keyboard shortcut *does* cycle through all 3 of its possible states, so it was a little weird to find that the Repeat keycut skips one (just alternates Repeat Off and Repeat All). After a whole first night of fiddling and customizing, this is literally the only complaint I have - it would honestly save me a lot of clicking in the future if Repeat One via keyboard were fixed/added (and it's like, a 30 second programming change). But I'm really, really happy with MB so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I'm really not, this thing is awesome. :)

literaldehyde

The (toggle: repeat one) hotkey skips repeat one. Is this intended or a bug? Makes the hotkey kinda useless, is there a way around this? Thanks.

beefree

I would like to bump this request. The lack of a repeat one toggle is highly annoying and seems like an easy fix - please implement this! Seems standard to have in good players like ncmpcpp (which is what I hold musicbee against).

frankz

You don't know what's easy or hard to implement. Maybe just request things without trying to goad the developer into it.

J24

It's been 6 years since I requested this but not giving up on this feature just yet! 🤞

imminiman

• Music is my life, 'cause my life is music.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.5 patch update, the toggle repeat hotkey now includes Repeat One

imminiman

• Music is my life, 'cause my life is music.