Author Topic: Is there a way to stop the program from auto-downloading thumb browser pics?  (Read 3940 times)

ratharos

Hello, I love the customization of the new version! however there is a small thing that is bugging me.

I like the default behavior the thumbnail browser has when set to Album Artist mode, it simply picks the first cover from the available ones per artist, I find it a lot easier to navigate than the unfamiliar artist pictures it automatically downloads every time.

I set the artist picture location path to  false\  in an attempt  to stop this and it seems to have worked for that folder but it's still downloading them to the internal cache one in App Data/roaming/musicbee.    Is there any way to stop the program from automatically retrieving artist pictures and just using the album covers in the thumbnail browser?

Thank you.

Starmender

Well, you can set image you like manually for each artist by using "Paste artwork" on artist thumb picture or by putting an image with the name of the artist into your "Thumb" folder.

ratharos

Thanks, I know I can do that but since the program already automatically does what I want before downloading external images it seems like extra work. There has to be a way to turn it off in the config files somewhere right?

Starmender

Th only solution to your problem i've found so far is to delete all pictures in
"C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistThumbs" and then deny writing rights for this folder.
(Properties -> Security -> Edit -> Choose user -> Deny write)
Make sure "C:\Users\<Username>\Music\MusicBee\Artist Pictures\Thumb" doesn't have any pictures in it also.
Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:36:46 PM by starmender