Author Topic: Cannot change the main panel to "Artwork" view.  (Read 6257 times)

Zal

I am running the latest portable version from getmusicbee.com, installed as an update to a 2.x.x installation. (3.0.5973)

I cannot seem to get the main panel to change to any view other then the "Track Detail" view.

These are the steps I am taking:
1. Edit > Preferences > Layout (1).
2. Scroll down to "main panel" and press "Customize Layout".
3. In the screen that pops up, change from "Track Detail" to my desired layout - "Artwork" and press "Save".

Nothing changes at all.

Is there a different place to choose the display type that I am missing?

Thank you!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

The main panel view is now set from the menu at the top left corner of the panel.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't understand why you're reporting this as a bug.  Therefore I have moved it to 'General.'

Click on 'Tracks' at the top left of the main panel to open the drop-down menu and select 'Album Covers' or 'Artists.'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zal

I don't understand why you're reporting this as a bug.  Therefore I have moved it to 'General.'

Click on 'Tracks' at the top left of the main panel to open the drop-down menu and select 'Album Covers' or 'Artists.'
I reported it like that as i was trying to follow the old instructions in the wiki page (http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Album_Covers_View)

The main panel view is now set from the menu at the top left corner of the panel.
I see that the instructions to activate it were just updated correctly by you: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Album_Covers_View?diff=16376&oldid=15629

Thank you both!!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I need to update that and the other main panel views, just hadn't quite got there yet.  :)  Feel free to make changes yourself.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

MHR

Bump

Is there a way to get to that "Tracks" dropdown now?  I don't see it and I've spent the last 2 hours just trying to get artwork in the main panel.  Is that just impossible now?  Why can't I get rid of the "Files" view from the main panel and put Artwork in there?  I can put both in there then collapse the Files, but that seems wonky.

And for bonus points, how do I get artwork on the main panel with album art in the lower left and lyrics overlaid on top of the artwork on the left side?  (This is how I had it before)

cptchi

Bump

Is there a way to get to that "Tracks" dropdown now?  I don't see it and I've spent the last 2 hours just trying to get artwork in the main panel.  Is that just impossible now?  Why can't I get rid of the "Files" view from the main panel and put Artwork in there?  I can put both in there then collapse the Files, but that seems wonky.

sorry if i don't understand what your problem is... you don't have this? https://i.imgur.com/fimqwKC.gifv
i am on v3.2
if not can you upload a screenshot of your mb?

MHR

I just downloaded the latest today (3.2.6760).  Here's an image.  I don't have the little menu bar above the center view.  Hopefully the screenshot works. 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It looks like you've hidden the header bar.  Use the layout icon to the left of the search box to turn it back on.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

cptchi

Trying again...  https://imgur.com/a/2HW1heM
how about this?  you have this icon next to your search box, like psychoadept said

and to show the header i used in my first post, it's that icon->show header bar^^

MHR

Solved!  Actually, the header bar IS visible in my screenshot.  The problem is that the header menu is hidden.  If I hide the header bar, then the menu items move up about 10-15 pixels.   So as a totally random hunch, I right-clicked on where the "videos" menu should be (a few pixels above the main panel) and a menu popped up with "Show Header Menu" on it.  Clicking that then shows the "Videos" menu.  This is really hidden if you've previously hidden the header menu.  Maybe when you do "Main Panel/Show Header Menu", it should unhide all the header menus.

Thanks for the quick responses.  I'm still stuck trying to get the album covers and lyrics on the main menu like I had them before, but I'll just deal with it.

cptchi

Thanks for the quick responses.  I'm still stuck trying to get the album covers and lyrics on the main menu like I had them before, but I'll just deal with it.
have you tried playing around with the panels? (view->arrange panels)? there's a lyrics elemnt you can add to the panels.

Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:35:26 AM by cptchi

MHR

Yes, I've tried, but it doesn't do what it used to do.  I can't drag more than 1 extra thing into the main panel.  And I can't get rid of the "files" in the main panel.  It used to let you simply have artist picture in the main panel, with lyrics overlaid on top of that on the left side.  Additionally, the album art used to be overlaid on the main panel below the lyrics on the left.  When I get time, I'll probably just install an older MB, set it up using the old UI, then upgrade.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I can't get rid of the "files" in the main panel.  It used to let you simply have artist picture in the main panel, with lyrics overlaid on top of that on the left side. Additionally, the album art used to be overlaid on the main panel below the lyrics on the left.

This sounds like the Now Playing node, which you can access from the left sidebar (probably in auto-hide mode, based on your screenshot). Be sure you're in Artist Picture view, because this also now has more options.

When I get time, I'll probably just install an older MB, set it up using the old UI, then upgrade.

This may not help you, because the whole layout system was changed with 3.0.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)