Author Topic: "touch" flash drive/mp3 player directories in alphabetical order  (Read 2481 times)

slimpyman

so, using a car radio with a usb port, ive been loading my flash drive with music.   The thing is, both my girlfriends, as well as my own car seem to organize the folders not  alphabetically,  but by modified date.

so if i copy some Quiet riot, than black sabbath, and then some metallica, when im scrolling thru on the radio, it will list them in that same order.

So i ask, if there can be an option to "touch" the folder in the side navigator where the usb drive would show up, and it will automatically go through all the subdirectories alphabetically, and "touch" them in order, so they are better organized?

i know its literally archaic how sony still develops these radios with a 150 folder limit, but also organizes it by modified date.

I really couldnt find a program out there that would touch the folders in alphabetical order for this sole purpose, thats why i post it here. I know many people can get some use if they use flash drives in the car.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I can recommend FAT Reader
It's a portable program that not only allows you to sort files alphabetically but also in any order you want.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

slimpyman

hmm the program says my drive is locked.   lovely.   can read and write fine, but the program isnt working... 

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
hmm the program says my drive is locked.
you just need to run it as administrator
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

slimpyman

hey thanks dude... actually did try run as admin mode before.... however that was in hopes ican throw it on root of the usb drive... didnt work.
oncei threw it on my system drive and than ran the thing as admin, all is well.... now to see how it works!

again, thanks!