Author Topic: Add Explicit Field To Custom Tags  (Read 15337 times)

redwing

This is what I told you:

In place of " / <Content Rating>" part in that virtual tag, use this instead:

$IsNull(<Content Rating>,," / "<Content Rating>)

But you put it to a wrong place:

If I put this tag - Content Advisory: $IsNull(<Content Rating>,," / "<Content Rating>) - it didn't change anything  :-\

So I told you again where to put it:

What I meant was the green color-boxed part of the virtual tag that seems you used for the bottom screenshot.

Again, you're putting it to the same wrong place:

What he meant was put "Content Advisory" in the name of the virtual tag and put the rest "$IsNull..." into formula box.

I did it all. And still see Uknown Content Rating.

Now listen carefully.
Forget about Content Advisory tag as it's not what you're using. You're not using iTunes syntax either, you're just entering "[E]" or "[C]" to the "Content Rating" custom tag, right?

What you're actually using in the main panel is ":Track:" virtual tag.
At the end of the tag's formula, find " · <Content Rating>".
Remove that part and use the following instead:

$IsNull(<Content Rating>,," · "<Content Rating>)

ost

Now listen carefully.
Forget about Content Advisory tag as it's not what you're using. You're not using iTunes syntax either, you're just entering "[E]" or "[C]" to the "Content Rating" custom tag, right?

What you're actually using in the main panel is ":Track:" virtual tag.
At the end of the tag's formula, find " · <Content Rating>".
Remove that part and use the following instead:

$IsNull(<Content Rating>,," · "<Content Rating>)

Thank you very much for your help!!!

(It's so bad to be stupid like me ;D )

redwing

Yeah, I know it can be very confusing if you're not familiar to this stuff. Also this topic was a little tough one without much explanation of how the tags were constructed.

jaydenpaul

Hey guys,
This virtual tag stuff is very confusing to me :/
I tried creating a custom tag along with a virtual one but got the error in the image below:

Your patience is greatly appreciated :)

ost

Hey guys,
This virtual tag stuff is very confusing to me :/
I tried creating a custom tag along with a virtual one but got the error in the image below:

Your patience is greatly appreciated :)

Instead of "Rating" type in label field "Content Advisory"

Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:00:46 PM by ost

jaydenpaul

Ok I did that but now in my library, under the Content Advisory tag just it shows the syntax I put in the virtual tag.

ost

Guys told to create custom tag:

and try this:

now I got it exactly as I wanted - thanks to forum guys a lot!!!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
The original instructions were for the original poster that wanted to have Explicit and Clean in MB but also read the tags from iTunes.

If you don't want/need to read iTunes tags use ost's instructions.

If you want MB to read any iTunes tags that may already be on your files follow these instructions:
define a custom tag like this

then set the new custom tag to display here:

MB will automatically scan your library to see if any of your tracks have 'Content Rating' tags.

As the iTunes tag syntax is not in the form of 'Explicit' or 'Clean'
(it uses;
0 or null = No Rating,
1 = Explicit,
2 = Clean)
After the scan has completed, you need to set up a virtual tag 'Content Advisory' that you use wherever you want 'Clean' or 'Explicit' displayed

Code
Content Advisory | $IsNull(<Content Rating>,,$If(<Content Rating>=0,,$If(<Content Rating>=1,"Explicit","Clean")))

Hope this clears up the confusion in this thread  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jaydenpaul

Hentoad

Ok, I'm new to all this stuff. I have everything setup using the last post, and it all works, except it doesn't show anything in the song title. If I go to edit the song in MB, it shows the Content Rating tag of 1 or 0, but nothing shows in the song title indicating Explicit or otherwise.
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/d59mr

Bee-liever

you have to add 'Content Advisory' to wherever you want it displayed.  IMHO the easiest for the artwork view is to open the expanded panel options and add it as one of the display fields there. If you want it added to the title, you need to create another virtual tag that combines Title+Content Advisory and use that instead of the ordinary title throughout MB

Hentoad

Sorry if I'm wasting your time, but how would you do the Title+Content Advisory Virtual Tag?

Bee-liever

Sorry if I'm wasting your time, but how would you do the Title+Content Advisory Virtual Tag?
like you set up
Code
Content Advisory | $IsNull(<Content Rating>,,$If(<Content Rating>=0,,$If(<Content Rating>=1,"Explicit","Clean")))
you could use something like:
Code
Title+CA | <Title>$IsNull(<Content Advisory>,,"-"<Content Advisory>)
If you never intend to use "Content Advisory" by itself anywhere, you could just use
Code
Title+CA | <Title>$IsNull(<Content Rating>,,$If(<Content Rating>=0,,$If(<Content Rating>=1,"-Explicit","-Clean")))
and save yourself a virtual tag slot

You then need to use the "Set Displayed Fields..." (in the right-click/dropdown header menus of each view) to remove "Title" and replace it with "Title+CA"

And don't worry, your not wasting my time. I like helping people get the most out of MB.
Just somedays, I take just a little more time to respond than others :)

Willie Beamin

Got everything everything working in musicbee and the metadata for the rating is showing in the files. Just not seeing explicit tags when they're transferred into itunes. Don't know if it's an issue with itunes 12.5, but the explicit tags also don't show after it's synced with the device so I'm lost on this one.

Sorry for so many pictures, want to make tsing easy as possible

Bee-liever

Are the tracks mp3(MPEG audio) or m4a(AAC)?
AFAIK, explicit is only read on AAC files in iTunes.