Author Topic: Very slow rip speed  (Read 3757 times)

Mikelap

Got a new W10 PC with  .Rip speed is rated at 24X on several cd's ive  reached 28X but now speed is only 5X it takes almost 25 minutes to rip a cd compared to 5 minutes with other PC doesnt make sense .(Offset) is ok ,it is set at (maximum). ive read that with old cd's it can be slow but in my experience its not the norm . also when i was checking speed setting for ripping usually its displayed 1X 4X 8X and maximum when i checked one time  i saw up to 32x i never saw this setting  displayed  before so its weird now its back to 1X 4X 8X .Any ideas on how to fix this .Thank you .
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

phred

• Global Moderator
Are the CDs old and scratched and/or dirty?  That's typically the cause of a slow RIP.  Have you (can you) try ripping the same CD in another machine?  Or with another program?
It's not likely MB is the cause of a slow RIP.  I have no issues with RIP speed and I would think if others are experiencing slow RIPs, they'd be posting about it here.

Just because a drive may be rated as -capable- of 24x RIP speed doesn't mean it will reach that speed.

Just for the record, what version of MB are you using?

Let google be your friend and search for 'slow cd rip speed' as there are many pointers along with some troubleshooting tips.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mikelap

slow rip speed happened on a handful of occasions . CD's are clean and in good condition for example i just ripped a cd rip speed was 6x i restarted pc because of an updated program after restart i put in same cd now its ripping at 28x hows that ? My is 2.5.5804 .Thank you .
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

BeeBeeKing

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I use dbpoweramp ripper to rip. And I have noticed that if you have been playing the disck in the ripper prior to ripping it then rips slowly. However if you eject the cd and re insert then rip it rips much faster.....like something from the playing process is slowing it down.
maybe worth trying this with MB.

mmills2608

I may have the answer to the slow rip speed issue.

Basically I saw the same thing happening with max rip speed of about 4x.  But then, I closed Windows Media Player, and the speed shot up.

For me, whenever I insert a disk and close the tray, Windows Media player auto starts.  I got a bit fed up keep closing it so I thought leave it open in the background.  Ripping right now at 3x, but closed WMP and it's now 33x.

phred

• Global Moderator
Simple enough to fix: Disable WMP auto-start on CD insert.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here