Author Topic: Tron Punk skin  (Read 48568 times)

logscan122333

hey bro i can't edit the xmlc file so i'm stuck with the nature of the skin as you give it out

is there any way you can share the actual xml file?

https://i.imgur.com/YlDeUxx.png

i'm trying to edit the color of the "x tracks" text because it doesn't show up at all on monitors that have a certain alpha/gamma at a certain point (it's too dark on a black background) and obv its small too

phred

• Global Moderator
The xml will not look anything like the compiled xmlc file. The xmlc contains bitmapped images which aren't part of the xml.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

logscan122333

okay then OP i'd like to formally request that you change the "x tracks" color to something brighter

hiccup

i'm trying to edit the color of the "x tracks" text because it doesn't show up at all on monitors that have a certain alpha/gamma at a certain point (it's too dark on a black background) and obv its small too

I'm sorry, this cannot be changed or improved by editing the skin.

There are a couple of places where MusicBee automatically applies a lower contrast to texts.
It occurs in e.g. the Thumbnail Browser, Mini Player, Extended Panel, and a couple of other places.

Indeed for some skins the current amount of lowering the contrast will result in a bad readability of the text.
I am pretty sure in the past I posted some wishes and screenshots on the matter, so I am hoping perhaps this will be addressed some day.

Steven

• Administrator
That small text does use fg2 if its set. However if you do set that, I can't say with certainty whether fg2 is used elsewhere.
To localise fg2 usage you could also use the FilterPanel overrides eg. FilterPanel.ListHeader, FilterPanel.Default etc

hiccup

That small text does use fg2

Indeed. I stand corrected.
It looks like I may have not set the values for those elements manually for Tron Punk, so it now gets some auto-adjusted colour.

@logscan122333, I'll review the colour/brightness of those elements and will probably post an updated version tomorrow.

If there are things you would like to do yourself, check this:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29815.0
Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:31:52 AM by hiccup

hiccup

I've updated the skin so the small text is a bit brighter now.
(the size is not adjustable by skinning)

hiccup

updated

Main changes:
- The Jukebox view is skinned.
- The readability/contrast of sub-text fields in 'Album and Tracks' view and in the Expanded Album panel is improved.

note: both these updates only function under MusicBee 3.4
(which is currently under development and in alpha release state)