Author Topic: Minilyrics Integration  (Read 9897 times)

Iasc

I really like having synchronised lyrics as i sure a lot of other users do. What i really don't like is the ugly and often very annoying pop up that is the MInilyrics plugin. So since Minilyrics is free licence it would be great to have it completely interfaced into the MusicBee UI somehow and get rid of that horrible popup. I feel it would be a great addition for Version 3.1.

jackuars

This should be done only as a setting, because I like the Karaoke style of Minilyrics scrolling up lyrics on Windows. Also if you embed the lyrics in music file you don't need to have Minillyrics running all the time. Also I keep the default setting to bring up Minilyrics through Mouse Over as off, so only when I click on the taskbar, does it feel like a pop-up.

Iasc

The reason to have Minilyrics running all the time is to download new lyrics, not to display the ones already downloaded or embedded. You can already display karaoke style lyrics as you call it in the musicbee main panel and as a floating window ( which is much nicer looking than the Minilyrics window ) so you wouldn't be losing anything.
Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:40:51 PM by iasc

jackuars

The reason to have Minilyrics on all the time is to download new lyrics, not to display the ones already downloaded or embedded. You can already display karaoke style lyrics as you call it in the musicbee main panel and as a floating window ( which is a much nicer looking interface than the Minilyrics window ) so you wouldn't be losing anything.

Then there would still be a window that would be more annoying than the Minilyrics default skin that is borderless. Your request is good though, but shouldn't be a default option but with a setting.

Iasc

As i said the reason for the Minilyrics integration would be for downloading new lyrics, so the popup window / plugin would not be necessary. I would imagine the plugin as is now would still be viable and available for anyone who wanted to use it.
Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:11:49 PM by iasc

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have not found a way to have mini lyrics running (for download purposes) without it constantly popping up.  It's obnoxious, but the problem is with mini lyrics, not MusicBee.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Iasc

I have not found a way to have mini lyrics running (for download purposes) without it constantly popping up.  It's obnoxious, but the problem is with mini lyrics, not MusicBee.

I totally agree. Which i why i would like the Minilyrics window gone.