Author Topic: Same track playing twice (with small delay)  (Read 2878 times)

peewee678

v3.0.5959 and earlier

Sometimes a track plays twice with a short delay (few hundred milliseconds) between "them/it". I still have no idea how to reproduce this although I have a hunch it only happens after my HDD wakes up (still not sure about that). It's not when skipping songs (like in a previous post about this issue) but if it happens it's right after I double click a track in the main panel to start playback. I have to restart the track to fix it (pause/play is not sufficient). To get an idea about how often this happens, I would say it happens once every other day (twice today).

I found another older (unanswered) bug report here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14642.msg87312#msg87312

(no, there's nothing wrong with my mouse ;-) like someone suggested last week when I discovered the "locked tab > double click in computer tree on folder name > opens and closes the folder"-bug).

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this debug version and when it happens, stop playback immediately and send me the entries at the end of the log

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tz7b354315td95d/MusicBeeDebugDoublePlay.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed and run musicbee.exe

peewee678

Thanks Steven. In use now. I will send you the data as soon as it happens again.

peewee678

It just happened again with the debug version (I accidentally started another track right after it but the event *is* logged).
I pasted the last three track plays. The second one, timed 27-4-2016 20:23:35 is the one where the double play occurred.

I now know what's happening when it occurs. Sometimes a track initially won't play. The cursor just sits there at 0:00. After a few seconds I force the track to play with the play button (mouse click). Right after that, the track starts playing twice.

http://pastebin.com/rcmwThC5
Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:37:00 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator
makes sense. Its similar to the other person's issue but not quite the same - i should be able to figure out a solution

Steven

• Administrator
i think the double playback should be addressed for the next update.
However could confirm the reason for the long start up time is because your hard disc is sleeping and takes a long time (approx 10 secs) to spin up?
Pressing the play button wont make any difference to speeding that up

peewee678

Well, until now I *thought* it could be because of my spun down HDD (I also wrote about my suspicion a few times about this) and maybe it *was* in some cases but in this case it was just spinning AFAIK; it suddenly happened during browsing some tracks.

Steven

• Administrator
well then its a mystery as there was a 10 second gap and as i said, clicking the play button doesnt do anything to a track that is in the process of loading