Author Topic: Two Small Bugs - Now Playing Volume Icon/Border of Musicbee  (Read 4305 times)

galactica12

At the moment, I'm on Windows 10, with the most current revision of 3.0. (3.0.5954)

The first of the two is how the little playing icon next to music in the album art view that is present on each song seems to get stuck on the one before it, unless a file tag edit is made. Very minor, but figured I'd just say something about it.

The other one is a bit more annoying, but still doesn't break anything, for some reason, my borders on MusicBee randomly disappear, leaving space I can see my background through on the left and right sides, shaped like |_|. At first I thought maybe DisplayFusion had something to do with it, or when my wallpapers change, but it doesn't seem consistent with either. Any thoughts? Thanks again for all your hard work Steven.

phred

• Global Moderator
The other one is a bit more annoying, but still doesn't break anything, for some reason, my borders on MusicBee randomly disappear, leaving space I can see my background through on the left and right sides, shaped like |_|. At first I thought maybe DisplayFusion had something to do with it, or when my wallpapers change, but it doesn't seem consistent with either. Any thoughts? Thanks again for all your hard work Steven.
Try turning on 'skin window borders' which can be found from View > Skins > Skin Window Borders
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

galactica12

Mhmm, thought that was the issue, since it had happened in the past, but it is checked as well, I just checked to make sure.

Steven

• Administrator
The first of the two is how the little playing icon next to music in the album art view that is present on each song seems to get stuck on the one before it, unless a file tag edit is made. Very minor, but figured I'd just say something about it.
that doesnt sound minor to me. You are saying the "playing" icon is not showing against the playing song?

The other one is a bit more annoying, but still doesn't break anything, for some reason, my borders on MusicBee randomly disappear, leaving space I can see my background through on the left and right sides, shaped like |_|. At first I thought maybe DisplayFusion had something to do with it, or when my wallpapers change, but it doesn't seem consistent with either.
Can you post a screenshot

galactica12

In regards to the playing icon, it will show the little icon on the track before it, while it displays properly elsewhere. I'm still playing around with it to see if I can reproduce it reliably, as it is somewhat inconsistent. From what I can tell so far, it's only when the songs are left to play, as manually going forward doesn't produce the issue.

Here is a screenshot of the second thing: http://imgur.com/hw5UpXv.
It's a bit harder to see in a screenshot, but in this, it just happened. You can see the window behind it, which was Excel, on the sides. Not certain what's causing that.

Steven

• Administrator
for the 2nd, do you have auto-hide of the taskbar enabled?
I vaguely recall someone had the same problem and he thought it was due to the windows setting of auto-picking colours from a rotating windows desktop background but i could never reproduce it.
Let me know if you are happy to run a debug version
Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:21:44 AM by Steven

galactica12

peewee678

Same (border) bug over here (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18297.0) but I'm afraid Steven gave up on that bug (so he writes in the reply to my bug report).

Steven

• Administrator
please disregard peewee678's comment, i believe his issue to be something else if its as he described.
I will prepare a debug version later for this issue

peewee678

You're right Steven. I now looked at galactica's screenshot and it looks different (only small borders), it's much worse in my case.

Steven

• Administrator
unzip this into the folder MB is installed:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5zszq7xfxucppvc/MusicBeeDebugBorders.zip

it will create entries in the error log and as soon as you notice it has happened, open the error log (help/ support/ view error log) and send me a zip of the file

galactica12

unzip this into the folder MB is installed:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5zszq7xfxucppvc/MusicBeeDebugBorders.zip

it will create entries in the error log and as soon as you notice it has happened, open the error log (help/ support/ view error log) and send me a zip of the file

Hey Steven, I'm wondering if there was an odd fluke in my system, as I haven't had it happen a single time today, nor have I experienced the bug with the audio indicator, so I'll keep the debug version for now and let you know in this post if it does happen again. Thanks for all the help!