Author Topic: 3.0 RC2: Very Limited Access to Music  (Read 5868 times)

dataGuy

Just upgraded to MusicBee 3.0.5954 on Windows 7. I can only access music from "Auto DJ". If I click on "Music" or a playlist, MusicBee terminates. If a track is playing and I select "Now Playing", "History" or "Music Explorer" MusicBee terminates. If a track is not playing, I can open those items, in a new tab, but the tab is blank; with the exception of "History", selecting open in a new tab still causes MusicBee to terminate. I can select "Inbox" but the list is empty; which is the correct function because I typically don't move files to the inbox.

I turned off Playlist manager thinking that was why I couldn't access a playlist but no change; MusicBee still terminates when selecting a playlist. Right clicking, a playlist, and selecting "Play Now" freezes the playback and opens a dialog box (MusicBee has stopped working) with the option to close the program.

Right clicking "Music" and selecting "Play library shuffled" or "Open in a new tab" MusicBee terminates. Same result when a track is playing or a track is not playing.

In general, any way I can think of to access a music track outside of "Auto DJ" causes MusicBee to stop and exit me to Windows. I downloaded and installed 3.0RC2 twice to make sure it wasn't a corrupted file issue.

phred

• Global Moderator
Take a look at the error log: Help > Support > View Error Log and look for entries around the time MB terminates.  Copy those entries and paste them here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

dataGuy

I was just looking through the log. The newest entries are from a couple of weeks ago (related to coping files to an iPod. So, despite all the sudden exits (which likely don't give time to post a log entry) and the MusicBee has stopped dialogs  nothing is posted in the error log.

phred

• Global Moderator
Hmmm ... where are you downloading MB from?  The MB website/forum?  Or another site?  If the latter, please try downloading v3 RC 2 from here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17326.msg109842#new
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

dataGuy

The first download was from my update alert service. The second time I came to the forum to make sure I had the latest.

Thanks for giving my problem some thought... I know this must be weird since no one else is reporting this kind of issue. Everything was working fine under 2.5. I'm guessing the solution is to roll back to the prior version.

Steven

• Administrator
have a look in the windows event log which will have additional information on application crashes.

dataGuy

There are MusicBee errors in the event log. They don't look too helpful. Here is the last entry:
General:
Faulting application name: MusicBee.exe, version: 3.0.5954.32859, time stamp: 0x5717b972
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x09713e53
Faulting process id: 0x860
Faulting application start time: 0x01d19cab74aaa2f9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 317dbb18-089f-11e6-80c4-90fba6e44605

Detail:
MusicBee.exe
   5717b972
   unknown
   c00000fd
   09713e53
   01d19cab74aaa2f9
   C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe
   unknown
   317dbb18-089f-11e6-80c4-90fba6e44605

Steven

• Administrator
i suggest you temporarily rename your settings files which are in the same AppData folder as the error log:
MusicBeeSettings.ini
MusicBee3Settings.ini
StartupSettings.ini

that way you are starting using default settings

if MB starts behaving normally i would need a zip of those files and also MusicBeeLibrary.mbl in the Music\MusicBee folder

edit:
also try temporarily renaming the Plugin folder in the musicbee application directory
Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:14:00 PM by Steven

dataGuy

Renamed the files - same issue. So not a configuration problem I guess. Not sure if it is related but after the install MB went back to a default skin; which I haven't changed.

Update: renamed the plugins folder - no impact.

btw - I have rebooted Windows on the chance that would help(before I reported the problem) - it didn't. I have also ran my registry cleaner but that also didn't change anything.
Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:33:12 PM by dataGuy

Steven

• Administrator
in that case i wont be able to help any further. It is a very strange issue.
If you rename the files back, and replace MusicBee.exe with the v2.5 exe then you should be able to use it with your old settings

dataGuy

That's what I was afraid of. I do feel better that it wasn't some stupid user error. ;-)

Thanks for your time. I'll try again with the next RC. Thanks again....

dataGuy

Two additional data points:

I tried doing a search, as soon as I started typing MB terminated. It is as if this install could not handle looking at storage except through Auto DJ. My data files are stored on an external USB drive (which works fine under 2.5).

I downloaded the last 2.5 version. I was able to install MB with no issues.

Steven

• Administrator
let me know if you are happy to run a debug version. It may take a few attempts to track down where the error occurs

dataGuy

I'm be happy to help. Let me know what I need to do to run the debug....

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/download/er7oqo690be07jo/MusicBeeDebugLoad.zip

unzip into the folder MB is installed (keep a copy of your existing musicbee.exe)
after MB has crashed and you have restarted it, open the error log (help/ support/ view error log) and send me the set of entries at the end