Author Topic: Transfer musicbee files to Linux Mint  (Read 2580 times)

Condobloke

I have approx 12 Gb of music in MusicBee

I need to transfer the lot to Linux Mint (installed on a separate partition, but on the same HD

Given that I am a dummy....what is the simple approach ?

Brian

phred

• Global Moderator
I assume that neither OS can see the other, correct?  The only option I can think of is to copy the files to a portable drive that can be recognized by both operating systems.  I'm not sure that using MB to transfer/copy is going to give you any advantage.  Assuming it can even be accomplished with MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jackuars

You can read Windows files/folders from Linux Mint too. You don't need to transfer them. Just make sure you shut down Windows fully before switching to Mint, else you might see Cannot Mount Drive errors when trying to load Windows partitions.

blockhead

You might also check out http://www.ext2fsd.com.
This is a windows driver that allows you to mount the Mint Linux partition as a Windows drive letter.
I use it all the time.

As jackuars is spot on.  I also do exactly as he has stated.

theta_wave

Just want to add that most linux distros,  especially ones catered to the general audience like Ubuntu or Mint, will have no issues mounting windows drives (fat 32 or ntfs).  I have my collection on a 2tb ntfs-formated hdd and my linux install running mpd and its front-ends like ncmcpcpp and catanta has no problem reading and writing files on that drive.  Also, I mounted my windows documents directory in linux if I decide to work on anything there while I am logged into my linux distro.  Therefore, echoing what others stated, there is no need to transfer files in your case.