Author Topic: Set Displayed Column  (Read 4832 times)

Steven

• Administrator
is there any reason you dont just sort the main panel by Track Title while you perform this check?

icrhodes1

As pointed out I am new to MB and just getting in to ways of working. The reason for highlighting then in the Set Display column area is then I just have the titles I am dealing with. If I put then together in the title field I could have many songs in between where the spelling was wrong or a punctuation put in the wrong place. Control and clicking them in the Set Display area means I have a clear view of the titles I am dealing with in the titles field, I can further control And click for the ones I want to edit or remove.

MB appealed to me as it ignore "the" prefix in title as well as in the artist name, invaluable for groups, plus it's speed. I am going to give the the sort formula a go and see what the results are

Do not mind putting work in to something if you can get it to do what I want. I use Calibre for my e-book collection and that again allows so much customization and I want to be able to do the same in MB

icrhodes1

Hi it's me again

Used the formula as recommended by pyscoadept and that works and I have also been able to eliminate brackets at the front of titles, but the program behave strangely after I have deleted or edited an entry in the Title field.

Sometimes it will duplicate lines in the virtual tag listing i.e. 2 of the same song title when there is only one song and sometimes it shows the entry previous to the one I have highlighted as per screen shot

Any thoughts?