Author Topic: MusicBee chapter support (m4a, m4b, ect.)  (Read 13660 times)

hedgehog90

Yes, it displays the chapter in the player track text if I seek to different parts of the audio, but the problem is that while chapters display as individual tracks at first (if I drag them into music and then into audiobooks), as soon as I do a file rescan or if I drag an m4b directly into audiobooks, it reverts to one enormous track.
The audiobook I uploaded has 22 chapters, it's very difficult (and tedious) to navigate to the chapter I was last listening to when it displays as a single track.

So this:

Becomes this:

eturk

any advancements on displaying chapters of audiobooks?

I'm not seeing where we could see a chapter name & how to skip to a given chapter. The scrolling title above the progress bar as it plays show the name of the first chapter no matter when in the progress.

P.S. I also see, the first time I drop an m4b file on Audiobooks, all the chapters in the track list (as shown above). But when I reopen MB it's one track.

thrikulam

Am I doing something wrong? My MusicBee isn't showing chapters at all, unlike the images in the OP above. I just got this app today and I'm loving it so far.

Steven

• Administrator
Chapters (as opposed to cuesheets) only show in the player controls panel - as the progress bar moves the display title changes as the chapter changes.
Cuesheets split a single file into multiple logical files that appear in the main panel

thrikulam

Thank you Steven, I see that now.

I think I see where I was confused. When I try to skip to the next chapter, it doesn't go to the correct timestamp. This doesn't happen in Foobar (but Foobar also has issues with bookmarking). This audiobook has a cue file.

I understand that you get a million requests a day so I'm not so worried about the issue, but let me know if you want me to upload and send to you.

Steven

• Administrator

thrikulam

Hi Steven, there you go

edit:
link removed
Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 01:29:47 AM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I think I see where I was confused. When I try to skip to the next chapter, it doesn't go to the correct timestamp. This doesn't happen in Foobar (but Foobar also has issues with bookmarking). This audiobook has a cue file.
MB is using the embedded chapter info in preference to the cuesheet, however for that file there is an issue with the timescale used.
This should fix the problem:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files.

You will need to right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files for the file you sent

thrikulam

You are a national treasure, I didn't expect you to go so far. I sent you a donation. Thanks again!

eturk

Player bar is currently showing only the last chapter name as "::: <chapter>" at the end of the title.

Could a popup menu item be added to show the chapters when clicking the title in play bar?
Maybe a verticle line shows on player to see chapters?

ahawowow

Player bar is currently showing only the last chapter name as "::: <chapter>" at the end of the title.

Could a popup menu item be added to show the chapters when clicking the title in play bar?
Maybe a verticle line shows on player to see chapters?

One of my audiobooks is showing that ":::: Chapter" suffix in the titles and it's driving me nuts as I can't figure out why. The book in question is an mp3 in multiple files and they're all tagged like everything else, but for some reason with this book ONLY, each track has ":::: Chapter XX" with XX being whatever the track # is. Anyone have a fix? I've gone over the tags on dbpoweramp and there's nothing indicating chapters or anything I can imagine would cause this. I also tried deleting the cue sheet.

Steven

• Administrator