Author Topic: Delete Library  (Read 65811 times)

Pingaware

Steven put the correct solution in his initial reply - delete the folder from within Windows Explorer. The library folder should only contain files that are only used by the library in question, so this is safe to do.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Becool

Thanks for trying to help, but it seems this does not solve the issue.

Steven said: "just delete the directory".
You say ""delete the folder".
Now both of you don't really specify the directory/folder that is to be deleted.

If you mean the folder containing the music:
Well no :) -  but I did try renaming it, hoping MusicBee would then ask me if it can be deleted from the library, which it didn't. Both libraries continue to show up in the menu.

If you mean the folder containing the library:
Well yeah, in that case both libraries are gone and have to be added again by rescanning all files, which I tried to avoid. As I mentioned in my post, that is because of the huge amount of files and the very, very  slow network.

Or am I missing something completely?

Cheers
B

Zak

• Global Moderator
If you mean the folder containing the library:
Well yeah, in that case both libraries are gone and have to be added again by rescanning all files, which I tried to avoid. As I mentioned in my post, that is because of the huge amount of files and the very, very  slow network.
Yes, the folder you specified/created when you created the new library. It will contain the database file MusicBeeLibrary.mbl and the settings file MusicBeeLibrarySettings among others. The folder name is used for the library title, so I'm pretty sure MusicBee won't let you create two libraries in one folder.

You should have separate folders for your two libraries, each containing the files mentioned above. Delete the one that requires the least effort to rescan. There's no way to avoid doing it for at least some of your files - there is no function to "merge" libraries.
Bee excellent to each other...

Becool

... and that is finally what solved the mystery :)

Earlier in this very thread, "Inminente" posted this:
"That info is stored in the appdata folder of musicbee in a file named StartupSettings.ini "

Therefore I was actually trying to delete/rename/edit the various files in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Musicbee.
Obviously without much success.

Now I realize - thanks for the info! - that the library is actually located in C:\Users\Username\Music\LIBRARYNAME
This is why "delete the folder" didn't make much sense to me before, hehe.

OK, now this changes everything and I only need to rescan a few hundred files instead of the whole server.

Great! Thanks a lot!
Cheers
B

Pingaware

Really should have been clearer, my bad. Glad you got it sorted out!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

UberSlackr

This really should have been an included option; instead of having to go through so much trouble to delete a library...

I have to delete a library about once a week, and recreate, because all my music is stored on a shared network drive. Why MusicBee seems to lose connection to that drive, when nothing else does is beyond me... So I end up with Duplicates of all files (like ! next to every other song.)

the option to check for dead files, does not work.
even checked the option to rescan entire library, yet does not removed dead link.. so only alternative is to delete the library and recreate it.

really like MusicBee for its customization options.. but this is getting a little old.

arpadosso

I found a solution because I did not find any instruction. Move your cursor over the library, you will see the folder where is your library. Close MusicBee, Open a Windows Explorer find the folder and delete. Start Music bee... the rest is your resort ;). I hope it can help.