Author Topic: Controlling playlist order  (Read 6452 times)

MeDotOrg

First of all, let me say the registration process for the board is a perfect metaphor for everything I DON'T like MusicBee: It is poorly designed and overly complicated.

But to get to my question. I can't seem to reorder a playlist from its original order, which to me is a huge design flaw. Starting a new playlist because you changed the order is like shooting a movie from the beginning because an actor flubbed a scene towards the end.

There appears to be a workaround in copying and pasting your playlist in the modified order into the 'Now Playing', but it now seems to have reverted to playing in no readily discernable order, because it's different every time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Alumni

While in tracks view click the numbering (#) column header to activate it, that will display the playlist order - now you can drag and drop tracks to re-arrange them and change the order.

Alternatively if you want the playlist order to be sorted according to a field (such as artist or year), you can activate that column then select all tracks and in the right click context menu, select "List" -> "Update Play Order".
Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:25:23 AM by Alumni

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
While in tracks view click the numbering (#) column header to activate it, that will display the playlist order - now you can drag and drop tracks to re-arrange them and change the order.

Alternatively if you want the playlist order to be sorted according to a field (such as artist or year), you can activate that column then select all tracks and in the right click context menu, select "List" -> "Update Play Order".

You shouldn't even need to select all tracks.  You can right click on the playlist itself, or in the main panel if the playlist is selected.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MeDotOrg

Alumni and Psychoadept, I must admit failure, and that probably means there is a communication misunderstanding.

The only way I have been able to get compilations to play in order is to

1. Copy all of the songs from the track view into a clean 'Now Playing' view.
2. While in 'Now Playing', select all the songs.
3. Right-click and select 'Queue Next' from the list.

...so is this just another way of doing what you were suggesting?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could you please give us some screenshots of what you're trying to play and what's happening?  I'm not sure we're all on the same page.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

garrdenparty

If you double click on the track row  you should be able to drag the track up/down