Author Topic: Playlist Manager enhancements  (Read 18216 times)

Steven

• Administrator

alec.tron

I might have mentioned this before, but can't find a trace of it, and it came back as something I'd love to see/have in MusicBee.
Ideal would be to see if a playlist has a local/custom view (and with it a 'local' sorting applied on static export) at a glance, i.e. going back to this thread:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23572.msg143931#msg143931

As an additional/holistic approach for MB, ideal (for me) would be if, in Playlist Explorer tab/UI, we would have additional (optional) columns that could show/indicate features & stats of the playlist at a quick glance; like:
- sorting method (is it custom/local [and which sorting...?] or globally set (this might need an explicit local sorting feature for playlists...)
- view mode (global/local ?)
- file/track count
- play/length of all files combined inside a folder and/or playlist
- lock/unlock (an old re-curring feature request from various users)

[plus maybe even with switch-ability directly inside the Playlist Explorer UI on playlist attributes that make sense to be altered there directly, i.e. lock, sorting method, etc, directly on the column icon (via right/click?) ].
Just some thoughts.
Churs.
c.

Steven

• Administrator
You can already see some details of the playlist if you show the playlist header bar (#tracks, #albums, duration)
I will consider showing some of the other details you request but not promising.
For Lock/ Unlock, what is your definition of Lock?

Steven

• Administrator
Lock playlist is done for v3.4, where Lock disables changing the content of the playlist and also deleting or renaming the playlist, although I would consider changing it so its only changing the content that is disabled when locked

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's great! I look forward to trying it out. (Personally, I'm good with not being able to delete as well as change...)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I happened to skim through the original discussion since I was in this post anyway, and just thought I'd mention: my preferred setup now is to have one pinned tab with partial lock and just the playlist directory at the left side, and a second pinned tab with no lock and the navigator on the left for inbox, computer node, and searches. So the playlist directory worked out really well in the long run.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

zkhcohen

Do you have a changelog for the 3.4 beta? Trying to determine what to test.

Steven

• Administrator
Do you have a changelog for the 3.4 beta? Trying to determine what to test.
not yet - if you do a google search for "v3.4" site:getmusicbee.com/forum should give you the info you need