Author Topic: Skinning requests/reports for 3.1  (Read 147429 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ Steven,
Just so I don't make a mistake and post an included skin in the add-ons section, is the release version of 3.1 including the same selection of skins as 3.0?
That's only Bee78, Wing-ated and Arsenic for me, right?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
yes - so its just Arsenic that I dont have a 3.1 update. There is still a couple - few weeks before its final though

redwing

I don't make a mistake and post an included skin in the add-ons section

Why not post all your skins in the add-ons section too? Easier to check if there's an updated version of the included skin.

Bee-liever

Why not post all your skins in the add-ons section too? Easier to check if there's an updated version of the included skin.
I felt it would be easier to not confuse users about which is the latest version of the skin by not having them in the add-ons section, and only having them in the forum skins section.

hiccup

A very minor skinning issue:
The "<replacementElement" for the regular skin.xml doesn't seem to work when wavebar_skin.xml is also used.

Changing it's value in skin.xml has no effect for displaying the 'progressbar display mode'.
But the value as set in wavebar_skin.xml does not only affect the 'wavebar mode', but also the 'progressbar mode'.
(which is undesirable for this skin)

Not a pressing issue at all, but I'll pm the skin just in case it's something you would like to take a look at.
It concerns <replacementElement id="TrackRating" at the bottom of the skin.xml. It's value is not respected.

Steven

• Administrator
Yes i confirm it is doing that. I have an idea how to fix it but i will leave this until after v3.1 for the reason of risking breaking other skins

Bee-liever

I've noticed that the Svg/SvgConvert dll's can't handle filters.
Could the source of these possibly have an update available to fix this? (SVG 1.1 Second Edition)

Steven

• Administrator
this is the library i am using:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Svg

Its the most recent one v2.3 that is used. So unless they plan to enhance it or i find another suitable package it wont be supported.
How important is filters handling?

Bee-liever

Thanks Steven  :)
With a bit of digging in the original C# SVG rendering library documentation, I found that it should support filter effects, but only a very limited range  :(

Filter effects just cut down so much work on the original svg.
Without filters, just adding something simple like a drop shadow, means duplicating the image, adjusting the colour, transparency, position, layer, document size, etc, and doing it all manually.

I'll play around with it some more and see if I can narrow down the list of supported filter effects.

Steven

• Administrator
updated skin creator tool to fix bug with packing the 150% and 200% variations of the player control panel bitmap images. You should re-save your skins if you have high-dpi variations of the player control panel images.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/SkinCreator/SkinCreator2.zip

also an updated version so it reads all the images - older MB versions will only read the first high dpi default/highlight/disabled bitmaps for each player element and get others from the 100% versions

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:38:34 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

In other words, if 150% and 200% images are provided, they must be provided for all the elements that support them?
To be clear, is the above true and I need to provide 150% and 200% image variations for the Volume Slidebar Button, TrackLove and Panel background that I have as only 100% images (in the Bee78 skin I PM'd you) or can they be left "as is"?

Steven

• Administrator
if no 150% image is supplied then the 100% version is used.
In any case MB only uses the 100% version for panel background, track info and progress bar images
If you are using .svg files, the skin creator tool does all that automatically

Steven

• Administrator
A very minor skinning issue:
The "<replacementElement" for the regular skin.xml doesn't seem to work when wavebar_skin.xml is also used.

Changing it's value in skin.xml has no effect for displaying the 'progressbar display mode'.
But the value as set in wavebar_skin.xml does not only affect the 'wavebar mode', but also the 'progressbar mode'.
(which is undesirable for this skin)

Not a pressing issue at all, but I'll pm the skin just in case it's something you would like to take a look at.
It concerns <replacementElement id="TrackRating" at the bottom of the skin.xml. It's value is not respected.
that should be fixed for v3.2