Author Topic: playing track info - display codec before 44.1 KHz?, path display/locate...  (Read 8800 times)

kapblat

currently
sample rate, bitrate/lossless, stereo, totaltime

i know it says lossless, but that could be a couple things, and they also have different bitrates
how's

codec (+/-bitrate) samplerate, stereo, totaltime ?
ex:

FLAC, 900Kbps, 44.1 Khz, Stereo, 3:04min

--------------------

[X:\path\filename.ext]

having the path & filename displayed is great, however i thought clicking on it would open explorer,
but it actually located it in the music library !

maybe it could be:

[locate in library] [X:\path\filename.ext]
^--- click              ^---- click opens windows explorer

Maleko12

I agree with the lossless suggestion. although lossless is lossless, the bitrate's are not the same. it'll be nice if that also was displayed in the columns as well.

Steven

• Administrator
no prob - the bitrate might not be as straight-forward as it sounds as i need to do something internally to better handle lossless codecs to display that info but i will do.
clicking the link - i've thought the same myself but i know a couple people are using the feature to locate files in the library so i was holding off implementing something until i thought of a nice way to accomodate the requirement. Probably will just put an library icon to the left so if thats clicked it finds the file in the library and if the link is clicked it opens windows explorer as you say.

toology

If possible maybe you could better show lossless settings rather than bitrate, like flac level 1-8. I think that would be more informative than the bitrate. This is of course only if the files contain that info.  :)

Antonski

If possible maybe you could better show lossless settings rather than bitrate, like flac level 1-8. I think that would be more informative than the bitrate. This is of course only if the files contain that info.  :)
Compression settings might be displayed as optional info, but they should not replace the bitrate.
First, not every file/codec contains information about the compression settings.
Second, compression settings don't give any information about the real bitrate, it depends on the type of music, level of dynamic compression of original file etc.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
the above has been done in the latest 0.3 beta release, except showing the compression settings which i will do at a later date