Author Topic: Slightly different Ipod issue.  (Read 6218 times)

Doc.DMX

I've seen tons of posts about trouble synching ipods with musicbee, and I understand it's not supported.

I've had MusicBee since 2014, and I've had no problem synching my Ipod Nano Gen 5 up until a couple weeks ago. It just stopped working. Musicbee shows the space being used up, but the songs just aren't on there. Anyone had anything like this?

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you connected the iPod to iTunes recently?  Is it possible the iOS was updated?  If so, I have found that iTunes 9.2.1.5 was the last version the initialized an iDevice and still worked with MB.  If you want to take that route, you'll lose everything that's on your nano now when you 'downgrade' to the old OS.  You can find 9.2.1.5 here: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/itunes/
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Doc.DMX

I charged it on someones laptop who has an up to date itunes. It probably happened then.

If I just download the old version of itunes will the ipod automatically downgrade to that version or?

phred

• Global Moderator
I charged it on someones laptop who has an up to date itunes. It probably happened then.

If I just download the old version of itunes will the ipod automatically downgrade to that version or?
I haven't done this in years, so I'm going from my memory here, so it may not be exactly as I describe.  First off, before even downloading the old version, try connecting the iPod to your computer and launch your iTunes.  If it's showing a newer OS than you remember, I'm pretty sure there's a way to restore the iPod to it's original firmware.  Again - you will lose everything on the device, so beware.  If the device worked up until you plugged it into your friend's machine, restoring it to its original OS might be all that's needed.  If that fails to do the trick, download the old version, install it, and -then- revert to the original firmware on the device. 

Seeing that 9.2.1 is from 2010, and you say you've been using the device with MB since 2014, I'd try my first suggestion before doing anything else.  The goal is to get your nano back to its original out-of-the-box state.

Let us know how you make out.
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:05:49 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Doc.DMX

Oh man restoring it worked like a charm. Thanks a ton!

Doc.DMX

Actually that was a little premature. I'm now getting this error when I try synching music?

http://i.imgur.com/eW0KfJ8.png

phred

• Global Moderator
Take a look at the error log (help > support > view error log) and see if there are any entries near the end that coincide with the time of the error in the screenshot.  If so, please copy/paste them here.  I'm not going to be able to help with a SQLite error, but Steven might be able to help.  And the more information for him, the better.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Doc.DMX

I tried Synching a few times so here's the errors for today.

06/04/2016 12:29:04 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5804.26036 - System.Exception: Add playlist C:\Users\Owner\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Test.mbp ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
table item has no column named date_backed_up
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at MusicBeeIPod.Parsers.iTunesCDB.SqliteTables.InsertNewTrack(Track track)
   at MusicBeeIPod.Parsers.iTunesCDB.SqliteTables.UpdateTracks(List`1 tracks)
   at MusicBeeIPod.Parsers.iTunesCDB.ITunesCDBRoot.ITunesDB_DatabaseWritten(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at MusicBeeIPod.Parsers.BaseDatabase.WriteDatabase(BaseDatabaseElement root)
   at MusicBeeIPod.Parsers.MusicDatabase.Save()
   at MusicBeeIPod.IPod.SaveChanges()
   at #=qMC08Dbn_3djoYggjEH2P2XL6Y5Zqb0WbERVF1I8DumMqGox8o$fuLtFNq7jNJkxx.#=qvZkMk888qDZGjIyuHn_B_3qSy40K0VOQ41iRjoxsitI=(Boolean #=qfGnVOe6VQR_PTN92LOpIYg==)
   at #=qMC08Dbn_3djoYggjEH2P2XL6Y5Zqb0WbERVF1I8DumMqGox8o$fuLtFNq7jNJkxx.#=qhcajqZIcFhEh8xrcus4K6Q==(#=qHzWqmCsvleiiDtM8zDajm7xM8YHwfEvl15eUyeOMwO0= #=qPYP9wqpf6DjiUtjhH1pioQ==, String #=q10h0XUi49iObNhZp8nJu4g==)
   at #=qDUUt63mB20zmKpLtSKy0BYk84icqCcAlivwoxG5Mt24=.#=qIeVKX0$tmqqt4cztW$CiTDD_dBvlVWM$hwX3wRzDzi4=(#=qQCgh9bnwNJYU_R4EXJAZTgFss6Ed5f8GP6Bk_5eTtD18xz_cy9jBFR6Mp9z1RnXE #=qT5ODDGnUvOxIP7aECCj2Lw==, Dictionary`2 #=qJ6MH7EHGMr44Iv9vgoTvvg==, Object #=quRb0u8tzSeB2vQZvQvKGgn8RSA4gZ2xOFOTRzvRO4XE=)
   at #=qDUUt63mB20zmKpLtSKy0BYk84icqCcAlivwoxG5Mt24=.#=qJBE0dgGMMQ_EVS2K5AUJcA==(Boolean #=qlk5OwZCn8ZVs6wLzP5JjeQ==, Boolean #=qUifaspbyVaaanBFXRSNiNA==, Dictionary`2 #=qqEnELVeVzLjA3_BR3Y8HGRyS_hz1fYtRkFfczYRNuxw=, List`1 #=q_3M7IuxJGNuTTRwCNvxYP6D0R$ROTHnwGwXGhnIifrA=, Object #=qmiKwKVRlVIAOO_EyWtBta2hjmszLun$1uGMcJwyLhwk=)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

06/04/2016 12:29:04 AM - SQLite error
06/04/2016 1:06:53 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5804.26036 - System.Exception: Add playlist C:\Users\Owner\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Ipod.mbp ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at MusicBeeIPod.Parsers.iTunesCDB.ITunesCDBRoot.ITunesDB_DatabaseWritten(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at #=qMC08Dbn_3djoYggjEH2P2XL6Y5Zqb0WbERVF1I8DumMqGox8o$fuLtFNq7jNJkxx.#=qvZkMk888qDZGjIyuHn_B_3qSy40K0VOQ41iRjoxsitI=(Boolean #=qfGnVOe6VQR_PTN92LOpIYg==)
   at #=qMC08Dbn_3djoYggjEH2P2XL6Y5Zqb0WbERVF1I8DumMqGox8o$fuLtFNq7jNJkxx.#=qhcajqZIcFhEh8xrcus4K6Q==(#=qHzWqmCsvleiiDtM8zDajm7xM8YHwfEvl15eUyeOMwO0= #=qPYP9wqpf6DjiUtjhH1pioQ==, String #=q10h0XUi49iObNhZp8nJu4g==)
   at #=qDUUt63mB20zmKpLtSKy0BYk84icqCcAlivwoxG5Mt24=.#=qIeVKX0$tmqqt4cztW$CiTDD_dBvlVWM$hwX3wRzDzi4=(#=qQCgh9bnwNJYU_R4EXJAZTgFss6Ed5f8GP6Bk_5eTtD18xz_cy9jBFR6Mp9z1RnXE #=qT5ODDGnUvOxIP7aECCj2Lw==, Dictionary`2 #=qJ6MH7EHGMr44Iv9vgoTvvg==, Object #=quRb0u8tzSeB2vQZvQvKGgn8RSA4gZ2xOFOTRzvRO4XE=)
   at #=qDUUt63mB20zmKpLtSKy0BYk84icqCcAlivwoxG5Mt24=.#=qJBE0dgGMMQ_EVS2K5AUJcA==(Boolean #=qlk5OwZCn8ZVs6wLzP5JjeQ==, Boolean #=qUifaspbyVaaanBFXRSNiNA==, Dictionary`2 #=qqEnELVeVzLjA3_BR3Y8HGRyS_hz1fYtRkFfczYRNuxw=, List`1 #=q_3M7IuxJGNuTTRwCNvxYP6D0R$ROTHnwGwXGhnIifrA=, Object #=qmiKwKVRlVIAOO_EyWtBta2hjmszLun$1uGMcJwyLhwk=)

06/04/2016 1:06:53 AM - SQLite error
06/04/2016 1:16:14 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5804.26036 - System.Exception: Add playlist C:\Users\Owner\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Test.mbp ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error

06/04/2016 1:16:14 AM - SQLite error
06/04/2016 1:58:05 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5804.26036 - System.Exception: Add playlist C:\Users\Owner\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Ipod.mbp ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error

06/04/2016 1:58:05 AM - SQLite error

phred

• Global Moderator
Whatever the problem may turn out to be, Steven won't fix it for version 2.5.  Perhaps you might want to try the very stable 3.x beta and see if the same thing happens.  And if so, post the relevant entry from the error log. 

I suggest getting the release just before today's release.  Reason being that with the previous 3.x releases you could simply run musicbee3.exe and it won't change anything in your 2.5 version.  As of today's release, musicbee3.exe is replaced by musicbee.exe and as such, will overwrite your existing 2.5 executable making it more difficult to go back.  The release I'm suggesting you download can be found in this post: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17326.msg108201#msg108201

I'm moving this thread to the Bug Reports > Portable Devices sub-forum.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Doc.DMX

I downloaded MusicBee_Setup_3_0_5929 and ran it, but it didn't update my Musicbee version? Clearly I'm missing a step or two.

phred

• Global Moderator
I downloaded MusicBee_Setup_3_0_5929 and ran it, but it didn't update my Musicbee version? Clearly I'm missing a step or two.
.5929 should be installed in your existing MB directory.  To run the new version, run MusicBee3.exe  (note the "3")
Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:01:56 AM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Doc.DMX

Alright I've tried it with the new Musicbee and got the same error:

06/04/2016 3:47:07 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.5929.30573 - System.Exception: Add playlist C:\Users\Owner\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Ipod.mbp ---> System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQLite error
   at #=qJb6VRvkuM3XNISy0UX6GMxiVx2xCmvKiBeX92OGr5_o=.#=qt$m6SHjC9vYEMB$7hJ9iYEJx4ZkAkPATHHdUeSgXwfk=(Boolean #=qPc7CrqdooAtjRf7q939xeA==)
   at #=qJb6VRvkuM3XNISy0UX6GMxiVx2xCmvKiBeX92OGr5_o=.#=q5x_NNHlx6JW0rMcgphRJLA==(#=qSDUGoJmkF$liU9CdnuWch9CcqF0GT6pLbrLK7kwlabs= #=qtmp2OKqgYk55WYFf6gOlmg==, IList`1 #=q3BBbfMHOwi2sLw97EUKaOA==)
   at #=qSDUGoJmkF$liU9CdnuWch9CcqF0GT6pLbrLK7kwlabs=.#=q34G6hcneH8sfCdr3ppyVOQ==(List`1 #=qoCsEk_aIgnygju_uSxLyNQ==)
   at MusicBee.Media.Storage.#=qtaIJta6LF_URjVzI9Cv_jb9CKiynOsJVDWlTYR64hnI=(#=qSDUGoJmkF$liU9CdnuWch9CcqF0GT6pLbrLK7kwlabs= #=qhZSEGB1Smih8cx29SAAfoA==, Dictionary`2 #=qQTvPvbzTfXHtPEG4Bj8xKA==, Object #=qWl4BXBVjuZ7IsJMb1$MhhfH4Q$cw6GV3pXkTvllDvD8=)
   at MusicBee.Media.Storage.#=qqbN1D8quSPOpHCiB4VvdWA==(Boolean #=qaOQ41x82ib9icGGqUhO71g==, Boolean #=q_lxsr$fLHj9d32sMqMw82A==, Dictionary`2 #=qg8uNNU3p3SVo7vw2aJ0F0P6npien$UdUtU8Y0HttH$E=, List`1 #=qSU9IdZlh3DdS9kSpMgF96BTqtn8Gk0duvynDMOBpnbg=, Object #=qgWPqr$GrNzqrtfG_l2AmbyUtmU_fTgNSLhwB0mFpa2s=)

06/04/2016 3:47:07 AM - SQLite error

Doc.DMX

Hey I haven't heard anything on this in a couple days. If there's any more information that would help, just let me know.

Steven

• Administrator