Author Topic: Please help. My libary is not complete.  (Read 3107 times)

Bovril

Sorry to be a pain.

I have got a new laptop (windows 10). First thing I did is install MusicBee (naturally). But it isn't working properly.

Ok, so I just copied my music files from old to new laptop using a portable hard drive into C:music. pretty standard. and asked MusicBee to upload, which it did, but not all the files are there! Every artist is there and every album is there, but every album in my library is incomplete! Only containing, for example, 8 songs from an 11 song album. The missing files are on my hard drive in the correct folders, but not on MusicBee. They play fine with other players. I've had a good fiddle with the settings and uninstalled/reinstalled but no luck. Any ideas?

TBH I've had this laptop a few months and initially gave up with MusicBee because of this problem, thinking I will just use some other software, but they are all rubbish (windows media player, Groove etc...) and I really liked MusicBee and I want it back, Please Help.

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you checked the inbox for the missing files?  And have you tried adding missing files by drag & drop?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bovril

Nothing in inbox
Drag and drop just gives me the "no entry" style sign (circle with a line through it) not allowing me to drop.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Where are you dragging it to? 

Look up one if the missing tracks in the computer node within MusicBee.  If you right click ave go to the "send to" menu is music library available as an option?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bovril

Look up one if the missing tracks in the computer node within MusicBee.  If you right click ave go to the "send to" menu is music library available as an option?

I tried dropping anywhere and everywhere, where should I be dropping?

No, MusicBee isn't an option on the send to menu, but is in the 'open with' menu. If I click to open with MusicBee, it playes on MusicBee 'now playing' but still isn't in my library/inbox. If I then drag it from the now playing into Inbox and then into Music, it has now appered in my Library! There has got to be a better way than that, I have 3308 files on musicbee and 5254 on my hard drive...

phred

• Global Moderator

Look up one of the missing tracks in the computer node within MusicBee.  If you right click ave go to the "send to" menu is music library available as an option?

I tried dropping anywhere and everywhere, where should I be dropping?

No, MusicBee isn't an option on the send to menu, but is in the 'open with' menu. If I click to open with MusicBee, it playes on MusicBee 'now playing' but still isn't in my library/inbox. If I then drag it from the now playing into Inbox and then into Music, it has now appered in my Library! There has got to be a better way than that, I have 3308 files on musicbee and 5254 on my hard drive...
You're not following psychoadept's instructions. 
Look up one of the missing tracks in the computer node within MusicBee.  If you see the file(s) there, then right-click and 'send to' the MB library.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bovril

Ok, might be getting somewhere.
Found a missing track in the computer node, right click, send to, library is greyed out, I can send to inbox ok. when I do, I get a little blue ! to the left of the file name, hover over it and it says "file is a duplicate". So I have a duplication issue? None of the files are duplicates and there arnt any duplicates on my computer. Have I got a setting wrong?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MB identifies duplicates based on tags.  So if you have the same track by the same artist on another album, it counts as a duplicate.  I don't have the computer in front of me right now to troubleshoot, but check your Library and organization settings and maybe fiddle with manage duplicates.  It sounds like you've set MB to hide duplicates or something like that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bovril

YAY. done it.
Found manage duplicates in tools, ticked all the apparent duplicate tracks and moved them. Don't know why it decided about 2000 tracks were duplicates.

Thanks internet. thank god I don't have to use windows media player anymore.