Author Topic: play count reset itself  (Read 3304 times)

tmprojection

Hey guys, i have had my library for around 10 years now (migrated from wmp and itunes from one to another at a point), been using musicbee for past two years, and around a month ago i just noticed that the play counts reset itself, the library has been in the same folder as always untouched, would be great if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to recover the play count

redwing

Sorry to hear your trouble, but I don't think it would be possible to recover the field unless you have a backup of the MB library file.

tmprojection

i actually have multiple backups indeed, but do you have any idea how they may have gotten reset by themselves?

and how do i recover JUST THE PLAYCOUNT from a backup library

redwing

How recent is the backup? If that has not much differences from the current one, you might just want to use it instead to save trouble.
And no idea why that was reset by itself.

tmprojection

its recent enough, could you please tell me how to recover the playcount from theback up, just the playcount but nothing else

redwing

You could use Additional Tagging Tools plugin, and copy old playcounts to a text file (launch MB using old library file) and then import it to your current library (launch MB using current library file).
For text file copy feature: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9149.0
But the most important part is you have to make sure all files sort correctly when you copy and then copy back.

Steven

• Administrator
if you restore the backup to a different location and after opening the library at the new location you can set "export iTunes xml file".
on exit and restart, open the current library and then from the main menu: File/ Library/ Import/ Import from iTunes and select the iTunes xml file
select overwrite rating and playcounts

redwing

if you restore the backup to a different location and after opening the library at the new location you can set "export iTunes xml file".
on exit and restart, open the current library and then from the main menu: File/ Library/ Import/ Import from iTunes and select the iTunes xml file

Yeah, I thought that way first as it's easier and safer. But the OP wanted "just the playcount but nothing else", so I didn't offer it.

tmprojection

Yeah, I thought that way first as it's easier and safer. But the OP wanted "just the playcount but nothing else", so I didn't offer it.

so should i do it this way and just not check rating?

redwing

so should i do it this way and just not check rating?

Can you do that? I don't see any checkbox from the command.

tmprojection

ok i figured out why it reset, its because i changed my whole library structure filenaming format, before it was

artist-album-track#-title
now its
artist (folder) > album (folder) > track#-title

so clearly it was the file naming that made musicbee loose the play count

now im wondering, is there anyway to browse the musicbee library with a spreadsheet through all its records?