Author Topic: Transferring files to iPhone? (ios 8.4)  (Read 1811 times)

BrianMuir

Hello,
I searched for the answer to this question on the forum and on the WIKI but found contradictory info. If what I am looking for is posted please direct me there, thanks.

I have an iPhone 6 with IOS 8.4.
In the tools there is an option to turn on iphone/iphone driver. When I turn this on iTunes launches. There is a message asking me to connect the phone. This goes away when I plug the phone in via USB. But I do not see the phone appear in MB, and under "send to:" there is no option to direct a file to the phone.

The WIKI refers to a plug in but it appears that this function is now integrated into MB so the WIKI page might be out of date?

I suspect I might not understand how this is supposed to work. I am looking to replace MediaMonkey, which can send (and delete) files to my phone using the apple drivers. I much prefer MB to MM except for this once critical function.

thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
MusicBee does not directly support any iDevices.  The best you can do is use the iPod & iPhone Driver plugin.  This is -not- built into MB and I'm trying to find where in the Wiki you found that comment.  I suggest you post your issue in the plugins sub-forum in the iPod & iPhone Driver thread so the plugin author can help you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

also there is new 'synchronize' plugin for syncing with idevices, you could try it.

BrianMuir

very confused. I downloaded the add on prior to my original post, but when I tried to copy the files over to MusicBee I discovered newer versions of those same files already existed in my MusicBee install folder. I concluded that the add on must be part of latest MusicBee

I might start over to make sure I am correct about this, and will post in the other forum location.
thank you.

thanks

boroda

but when I tried to copy the files over to MusicBee I discovered newer versions of those same files already existed in my MusicBee install folder.
its the real problem: there may be conflicts between dll's of different plugins. usually you should keep newest versions of dll's, but this might not work. it was asked to have the ability to put every plugin into own subfolder to avoid this, but this is not implemented in mb yet.